Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Betty came home to papa today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Betty came home to papa today!!!

So, I finally actually did get her back today.
I'm sure some of you have been following my story/pix. What a nightmare. But, here she is. I'm sorry for the pix quality. Can't make it not rain here in Oregon. You'll get the idea. Should we play "Can you spot the differences?" I think the color matches, and everything lines up okay. She tracks straight, and of course she still purrs in my ear.

Enjoy.

Maximental
Attached Thumbnails Betty came home to papa today!!!-im000016-small-.jpg   Betty came home to papa today!!!-im000022-small-.jpg   Betty came home to papa today!!!-im000023-small-.jpg   Betty came home to papa today!!!-im000024-small-.jpg   Betty came home to papa today!!!-im000032-small-.jpg  

Old 10-28-2005, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

I like the deletes you had done........looks really good. From what I can see they did a really good job. That makes the whole experience that much more bearable. What pisses me off though, is that you royally had some problems to fix and got your car back before me. I had minor issues and still don't have my car back...........its been 4 months. July till now

There I go bitching and whining about my car again...........
Old 10-30-2005, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Glad to hear you rolling again.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So why did you take your new wheels off again?? BTW there are some sweet wheels on EBay some sport edition GTO wheels only problem there are only 3 and the 4th is very expensive at GM direct.

Looks goo though man that is a nice car.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

WOOHOO!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks like a brand new car!

What a nightmare - at least it looks like they got the job done right. And yep, you need some new rims after all you've been through :nod
Old 10-30-2005, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Cool wheels...

Something told me to put everything back to stock a couple of weeks before that lady hit me. Wierd, huh? The accident took out 2 of the stock wheels.
The nice wheels I got have my "Summer" tires on them. 235/40/18s.
I put the stockers back on mostly for winter driving, more traction, 245/45/17s. You're right, though. I need to put them back on for a photosession after the appearance changes. I think the changes and wheels will compliment each other well. I am really pleased with the changes I had done. I like the sleeper effect. I had the hood & front fenders repainted too, the paint looks much better. Between the work to fix the car, and the stuff I added on, I suspect the paint guy decided it would be easier to just go ahead and repaint the whole car, rather than blend everything. At least it kinda looks that way to me. I can't wait to get a good coat of wax on it. I have to wait a while, though.
I've been thinking about putting some wider all-season tires on 2 of my good wheels for the rear of the car. Maybe some good-year Eagle f1s. Consumer Reports tested a bunch of performance tires, and says they are about the best on wet roads, which makes them just what I need for the winter, not that Consumer Reports is like the ultimate authority, but it gives me a direction to consider.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Veteran

I was reading something about a month ago on Eagles I think....some 'standard' tire that was getting some good rating from drivers and counsumer groups. Comparing apples to apples they seemed like a good tire and price (must double check, bookmarked it somewhere).
It does look better 'slimmed' down. Bet some people pull up and wonder what the heck it is which is always preferred and I'm with ya on the paint thing - years ago when the daily driver was creamed on one side I had them do the entire other side and tailgate so there were no off color issues. Toyota had quit producing 'gunmetal gray' and it would have probably come out looking two tone and not in a good way.
Gotta post up the pictures when you get new tires on it!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Default yup, the sleeper thing is cool....

Not many people around here have any clue.... I have had an interesting conversation with a cop, though. He said he wanted one as a "chase/interceptor" car. I wouldn't wanna have to get away from that.
I can't wait 'til I start getting my engine/exhaust work done and people start looking around wondering "Where the hell is that rumble coming from?!"
I think a guy thought I was a cop this morning on the highway when I was going to work. I chuckled about that all morning.

Maximental

Quick Reply: Betty came home to papa today!!!