Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Scott Settlemire to be in Seattle Halloween Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Settlemire to be in Seattle Halloween Night

Well Just found out that Scott is coming in to Seattle on Halloween night so no trick or treating for me lol.
8PM in cocktail Bar at the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle

Address for the Hotel is:

Renaissance Seattle Hotel

515 Madison St

Seattle, Wa 98104

800-346-8357

here is a map

Map

Directions heading north on I-5, take exit #164(Madison Street), turn left on Madison street and cross over I-5. Renaissance Seattle Hotel is on the left hand side
Old 10-23-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you a Scott Stalker? LoL
Old 10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran

I am just curious, what is the huge attraction to this guy? I know he is supposed to be the (God?) Father of the F-Body or whatever, but the F-Bod is gone.........why is he making an appearance here and why is it noteworthy?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHarris
Are you a Scott Stalker? LoL
NO I am not lol I am a friend of his & got the email from Our Acting President. & thought I would pass it on to you guys.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I am just curious, what is the huge attraction to this guy? I know he is supposed to be the (God?) Father of the F-Body or whatever, but the F-Bod is gone.........why is he making an appearance here and why is it noteworthy?
Scott is the Reason why we have the 99-2002 Fbodys. If it wasnt for him the Cars would have been killed after the 98 production year. He was the Asst Brand Manager for Camaro & Corvette & the BRAND Manager for the last couple years of the Firebird. ( No its not his fault that the Fbody is dead) He is currently involved in the shows & special events for GM on the Chevy & Hummer side of things.
So he does as many of the big International Auto shows & Car shows (summer) he can go to. He comes every year to set up the Seattle International Auto show which is Nov 2nd - 5th. He still has the ears of the heads & sends our voices to them to bring back the car(s).

he knows more about the Fbodies than most of us put together & has been working for GM for about 30 yrs now.

Other than that he is just a great guy to get to hang out with. Hes not the typical Company man.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Scott is the Reason why we have the 99-2002 Fbodys. If it wasnt for him the Cars would have been killed after the 98 production year. He was the Asst Brand Manager for Camaro & Corvette & the BRAND Manager for the last couple years of the Firebird. ( No its not his fault that the Fbody is dead) He is currently involved in the shows & special events for GM on the Chevy & Hummer side of things.
So he does as many of the big International Auto shows & Car shows (summer) he can go to. He comes every year to set up the Seattle International Auto show which is Nov 2nd - 5th. He still has the ears of the heads & sends our voices to them to bring back the car(s).

he knows more about the Fbodies than most of us put together & has been working for GM for about 30 yrs now.

Other than that he is just a great guy to get to hang out with. Hes not the typical Company man.
You almost sound like you are making this guy out to be a God or something............but whatever works for ya. I guess I just don't go for the groupie thing much, but it is good to hear that he is a nice guy. I am just not the type to give up my time to go hang with some dude who I don't know. Enjoy though, hope you have a good time.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

He actually a pretty good guy to chat with. He can give you alot of insight on things that are going on at "the general" and things that are to come.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
He actually a pretty good guy to chat with. He can give you alot of insight on things that are going on at "the general" and things that are to come.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the guy nor do I have anything against anyone who wants to hang out with him......just strikes me as odd wanting to cancel Halloween plans cuz some dude is going to be in town. I guess if you (generic you, not anyone in particular) KNEW him personally, that would be a whole different story then. I spent too much time around the rich & famous in L.A. and Santa Barbara to be impressed by a lotta folks. Again, not saying SS isn't a good/nice/intelligent/etc person........I just personally wouldn't give up a night's plans to go hang at a place with a complete stranger.

Besides, he knows my thoughts on the F-Body program.......BRING IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Insight on what is going on, huh??? I know what is NOT going on... bringing back the F-Body!! So, he can talk about front-wheel drive V8 cars and the Colbalt "SS" all he wants... I don't really care!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
Insight on what is going on, huh??? I know what is NOT going on... bringing back the F-Body!! So, he can talk about front-wheel drive V8 cars and the Colbalt "SS" all he wants... I don't really care!
if you guys even listen to half what this guy says you would know that the CAMARO is to make its new body showing in DETROIT in Jan of this next year. As a RWD V8 Car.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did you get that info from?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

if you guys even listen to half what this guy says you would know that the CAMARO is to make its new body showing in DETROIT in Jan of this next year. As a RWD V8 Car.
Bah, it needs a pontiac twin to go with it.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Everything is speculation until the car is actually in production. Even concept cars and preview cars at auto shows don't guarantee production of the same or similar car..............there have been COUNTLESS cars debuted at auto shows that never made it to the showrooms. IF they bring back the Camaro and/or Firebird, I will be thrilled (provided it isn't a FWD or a V6 only) but until then, I am not going to run around holding my breath.........
Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mike where you think? I got that information??????

Rottluver one thing that you have to understand is when Scott says something believe it. He did say that when they show the Camaro off IT WILL NOT BE A CONCEPT car it will be the production model car.

Hey Ian Nice meeting you yesterday lol Love you bird.

Funny thing about the Birds is GM just bought the copy right name back. Why would they do that unless they are planning on building the car??????? right now only GM would know.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

From what I last heard even Scott said the Firebird isn't coming back, they never made such statements about the Camaro. If they did bring back the Firebird I don't even know where it would fit in the line up. With the Soltice getting a Forced Induction 4 banger, the GTO getting the LS2, I suppose there is room in there for the Firebird...
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Rottluver one thing that you have to understand is when Scott says something believe it. He did say that when they show the Camaro off IT WILL NOT BE A CONCEPT car it will be the production model car.

Funny thing about the Birds is GM just bought the copy right name back. Why would they do that unless they are planning on building the car??????? right now only GM would know.
No offense, but unless Scott is the Owner/CEO of GM, his word is not Gold. Much as we would all like to believe it, he doesn't speak for the Company and isn't in charge of deciding whether or not the car/s come back.......as you said yourself above, only GM knows.

Again, this isn't directed at or against Scott, just the fact that he doesn't make the decision means that no matter what he has said, that isn't "proof". A company can change it's mind at the 11th hour and decide that it isn't cost-efficient or whatever and can the project at any time. Hell, just look at the Commanche helicopters that were being built for the Military........baddest bird to ever be designed/built and the Military canned the project midway through after spending almost $7 BILLION!! http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112225,00.html

I certainly hope the F-Bods come back, but as I stated earlier, untill I see one on a showroom floor, I will not be holding my breath.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Amorget
From what I last heard even Scott said the Firebird isn't coming back, they never made such statements about the Camaro. If they did bring back the Firebird I don't even know where it would fit in the line up. With the Soltice getting a Forced Induction 4 banger, the GTO getting the LS2, I suppose there is room in there for the Firebird...
Rumors have been poping up left & right about where the Firebird will be placed in the line up for Pontiac. Some say the GTO is only a short lived production car like that Tbird with Ford.

All I know is that GM just updated the copy rights for Camaro, Z28 & Firebird along with Transam so I dont know. When they did this comments were made by several of the Higher ups that We wouldnt be doing this unless something was happening in production. Come Jan we could see the sister cars on the show room floor who knows.

All I know is the Camaro will make its come back come Jan & it will be displayed. Now when it will go in to full production. It could still be a couple years. But at least we know the car is coming back. as far as we know the car can show in Jan as an 07 40th edition car.

Rottluver, You may not hold the faith but some of us have. Scott has never let any information out about the car because he cant until here lately. We do know that it will look NOTHING like the Kris horton Camaro in the PHR but there is hints of the car in there.

Not only that Scott may not be the GM god but what he says you can TRUST 101%
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bottom line is this... I'll believe it when I see it!!!
I don't care what Scott Settlemire or anyone at GM says. They have been talking about bringing back the Camaro since they dropped it and nothing yet from GM to make me believe that they will. If they were going to bring it back for the '07 run, there would have been spy photos out of it doing test runs somewhere, so we can pretty much count that rumor out. GM is too much in the hole right now to devaite from the plan that will get them back on their feet financially and a new rear-wheel performance V8 coupe is not in the cards for them. They have their hands full right now trying to sell the GTOs.
Keep in mind that maybe Scott Settlemire hinted around about bringing back the Camaro, but it don't mean that they have any plans too. A lot of time it is nothing but talk to keep people interested in what Chevrolet is doing. One of the oldest sales tactics in the book.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Even if the Camaro did come back... could people afford it or truly want it?

I know that when I made the last round of trades I put myself out of the game. Trade a CTS-V for a Camaro... not a chance. I'm enjoying the fact that I can actually fit four people into a GM performance car. Trade the Hummer for a Camaro? Not a chance in hell, it can carry 6 and whip a lot of street cars in ALL weather conditions. I believe that our next car is going to be a lease because I don't want to trade anything that I have.

Now... lots of other folks have spent a lot of money on mods for their F-bodies as warranties have expired and payments ended. Would you guys be willing to trade the car you've worked so hard to make what it is in for a new car? Or would you look to the Camaro as a new car to add to the stable?

It's a tough call. Would the new product be good enough to change our minds? Lately I'm not so impressed with what $30k buys. At the same time... I think $50k should have bought a little more. Maybe I'm too demanding. Not even the German market options make me happy.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Rumors have been poping up left & right about where the Firebird will be placed in the line up for Pontiac. Some say the GTO is only a short lived production car like that Tbird with Ford.

All I know is that GM just updated the copy rights for Camaro, Z28 & Firebird along with Transam so I dont know. When they did this comments were made by several of the Higher ups that We wouldnt be doing this unless something was happening in production. Come Jan we could see the sister cars on the show room floor who knows.

All I know is the Camaro will make its come back come Jan & it will be displayed. Now when it will go in to full production. It could still be a couple years. But at least we know the car is coming back. as far as we know the car can show in Jan as an 07 40th edition car.

Rottluver, You may not hold the faith but some of us have. Scott has never let any information out about the car because he cant until here lately. We do know that it will look NOTHING like the Kris horton Camaro in the PHR but there is hints of the car in there.

Not only that Scott may not be the GM god but what he says you can TRUST 101%
I don't "hold faith" as you say because there has been absolutely NOTHING to give me any faith. GM has not released one statement about it to the public, there are no stories in magazines with actual pics (spy shots as someone else said) and if you honestly believe that these cars will be somewhere in January....which is a whopping 2+ away.....then you have far more faith then I will ever possess.

As for Scott, it isn't that I doubt what he "says", it is that there is absolutely nothing to back it up and just because someone says something doesn't mean that it won't be changed, cancelled, altered, removed or vetoed by a higher-up then that person........

Now, if I am wrong and nothing would make me happier, then I will take veryone for a ride in my new F-Body when it comes out.........but until then, I remain skeptical until I see PROOF, not words, but actual real tangible proof.

Oh yeah, as for GM allegedly renewing the copyrights on those names, that just means they don't want anyone else to be able to sell cars with those names, it is no guarantee of them being built. Look at the IROC name......GM let it go and within a year or two (IIRC) Dodge had IROC Daytonas. out

Quick Reply: Scott Settlemire to be in Seattle Halloween Night