Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

This site is so much better than others........

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This site is so much better than others........

I just joined svtperformance.com because I have some friends who frequent that forum. Any way, I can't post in there because the server keeps throwing me out and every time I try to send a PM it would give me an error message! I've been a member for 2 days and could manage to post only 2 posts. What a fucked up website.........

Corvetteforum is a little bit better, but the guys that are on that forum are pretty boring (knowledgeable) but boring. They don't like to talk about street racing (big no no), they don't like arguments (what are we going to do? start hitting eachother over the internet ). They like to remain "proper"..

This site has a variety of different cars from GTO's to Supras! I wasn't to big on having all the different kinds of cars around when I first joined up, but I like it now. It brings so much diversity. The different threads in this forum rule too.

Well I just had to get that off my chest because it pissed me off so bad!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, i am a member over on svt also. a while back they were gang banging the c5 Z06, and even posted a link on corevetteforum. Anyway, I and another replied with open challenges and I posted the fast Z06 list and the thread got quite real quick. still not to bad of a site.

coorvetteforum, I agree, kinda a bunch of stiff necked over proper goons that nail ya every time you mispell a word. But, still some ok guys, I think there are 80,000 plus members. Biggest car site going.

But, I also like this site the best. you can fit right in no matter what you drive or your education, or lack of. Kudos to ls1tech, the premier tech site.
Robert
Old 11-09-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Yea, i am a member over on svt also. a while back they were gang banging the c5 Z06, and even posted a link on corevetteforum. Anyway, I and another replied with open challenges and I posted the fast Z06 list and the thread got quite real quick. still not to bad of a site.

coorvetteforum, I agree, kinda a bunch of stiff necked over proper goons that nail ya every time you mispell a word. But, still some ok guys, I think there are 80,000 plus members. Biggest car site going.

But, I also like this site the best. you can fit right in no matter what you drive or your education, or lack of. Kudos to ls1tech, the premier tech site.
Robert
I didn't know corvette forum had that many members. Know that you mention it, they have 6 different sections (C1, C2, C3, etc.) so that would equal a lot of members...........damn.

And as far as SVTperformance goes.......I hope the site starts working for me. So far, I've been very dissapointed. They need to add another server or upgrade the one they got.

Do you get kicked out of that site alot Robert?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

www.Z28.com is pretty good Even though it started out as a Z fourm it has everything from Corvettes, to Mustangs Firebirds & Camaros.

V8s - 4 bangers on it Pretty good group of people Not a lot of bashing of people. None tends to jump on you just because you have diff. Ideas.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

kool just joined the z28.com
Old 11-09-2005, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I would say this is my favorite car site. When I had my C4 I frequented the Corvette forum and the C4 guys are very smart when comes to repairs and upgrades.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Junkie

I think you get the best combination of tech and humor over here with an easy-going attitude. While there are some extremely knowledgeable folks at corvetteforum, there are enough "my dick is bigger than yours" types and whiney old ladies to make up for it. Then there's ls1gto where they spend hours debating the merits of a ******* K&N and !CAGS As if they were on to something big and unprecedented here... LOL
Old 11-09-2005, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
Yeah I would say this is my favorite car site. When I had my C4 I frequented the Corvette forum and the C4 guys are very smart when comes to repairs and upgrades.
Yeah.....I go over to Corvetteforum when I need Corvette specific answers. Other than that, that site is worthless, IMO. Actually (so far) it has been better than SVTperformance.com
Old 11-09-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Yeah.....I go over to Corvetteforum when I need Corvette specific answers. Other than that, that site is worthless, IMO.
Right, try and explain to a C4 or some of the C5 guys that my 01 LID and cutout Z28 went 12.82 at 111.02 mph on street tires, or went 12.99 (Witnessed by Team NW Fbody back in 01 spoken Ellis and Ryan) with nothing but a cutout and they get all bent out of shape and tell you it is impossible, the guys who know there **** know it good, the others are more concerend about body molding and C4 hood shake.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:01 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't say I would share in that sentiment, but I'm not going to fight with people about it over here.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am not saying it is worthless as there a lot of awesome people over there who helped be out bunch when I had the C4, but as far as GM related car sites go it is a bit pompus.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

I'm sure there are plenty of great people who are members of that site (me)! But there are plenty of individuals who don't make it a pleasent site for me....

There are some dumb asses on this site too. Some people might think I'm one of them from my points of view, I just prefer this site because I can express my points of view, argue about them with others, talk about street racing (which is illegal) and not get talked down to for it. I have'nt got that far with svtperoformance yet, but I think they probably similar to this site, just ford bias.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!