Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dyno The Speed Secrets Project car...

Old 11-11-2005, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno The Speed Secrets Project car...

Went a dynoing today....

http://www.highspeedproducts.com/video/Jimbo.wmv

Numbers were great for my little old LT1.....I guess a little Groo magic can go a long way...

448 SAE RWHP and 424 SAE RWTQ

Jim very,very happy......
Old 11-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Power looks nice and flat. Congrats!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jim the car is awesome! It sounds very good in person! I wouldn't change it at all, very subtle, very streetable!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

so when is the other blue car going to be done?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, another contender for next year.
Robert
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
Nice, another contender for next year.
Robert
Just wait'll he gets some NAAAAWWWSSSS on that one...lol

LT1 power
Old 11-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Pathological Modifier

Old 11-11-2005, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not bad for a street car that you can REALLY toss the keys to any one to drive with out direction

BTW I drove it there and back in rush hour traffic with out so much as a hickup!

Enjoy her Jim!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 AM
10 Second Club

OH Yeah for those who like "raw" or un-corrected numbers like they used to get?

How about 464hp and 438tq.

Corrected is the ONLY way to go!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Teching In

wow.....good job with this one
Old 11-12-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

How many other places in the US get their HP numbers corrected down? Isn't the PNW great
Old 11-12-2005, 04:06 AM
TECH Addict

Looks good Jimbob. Congrats to you and Ellis. Excellent work!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

AWESOME JIMBOB!!! Not a surprise, it felt stronger than mine when Ellis took me for a 'spin' the other day. I guess teal really is the new racing pink....

PS Nice work Mr Speed Secrets!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
AWESOME JIMBOB!!! Not a surprise, it felt stronger than mine when Ellis took me for a 'spin' the other day. I guess teal really is the new racing pink....

PS Nice work Mr Speed Secrets!
Thanks.....You can go back to drilling now ...... EVIL HEHEHEHEHEHE
All that street tuning before hand, sure paid off......
Old 11-12-2005, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Thank's for the great words everyone! This car was a long time coming. Jim and I have done more research then most could believe and I am just glad after all these years it all came together

I have some stat's from some of the runs. I know Jim and Cory will want to see them.

MAF was flowing 404-415Gps We were getting more when we were street tuning.

The injectors actually hit 15Pm but settles in at 13Pw at the TQ peak and were around 12Pw on the HP peak

At the HP peak we wear down to 96 KPA with a 101 Baro

O2s were 97xMv and 93xMv

We were getting 1-3 degree's of Knock retard just as I went WOT Looks like if we could bump an accelerater pump table or find a tip in retard table that could go away. The retard decaed fast and was not hurting us at all. Some thing to expect I guess

Over all it looked good and I was very happy after I figured out we were making more then the 385RWHP!

Funny Story for those who were not there. I was sitting in the car tuning and just glancing at the screen. First run there was a mix up and I was told the car only made 386RWHP. After four runn's or so Jim is still not looking happy and the curve has only gained a few(7) HP. I look up the dyno operator and tell him how this sucks. After doing all this research and buy of new parts, custom intake and all it won't even break 400RWHP. He looks at me and say "OH It makes more then 400"
me "What?"
him "it makes 400 and more"
me not believing "what like 401 to 410?"
him " oh no that last pass was 447hp and over 420tq"
me "NO S#!t! But I thought we were not making any power!"

It was all laugh's after that

BTW they thought we were juicing! I told them that would be next time with a 200hp shot

In the end our street tune was so close that we only added fuel because it should a few more a few(like 2) Rwhp more on the dyno Not bad for a shop with out a dyno!
Old 11-12-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

That is awesome!! Great numbers, impressive work (as always). That must be a lot of fun to drive.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah... that car is laying it down. Most people won't understand the amount of work and time spent researching and building that combo.

I guess I'm obligated to say... "THOSE INJECTORS ARE TOO BIG!" (hehehe... mine are only at 67% duty cycle during my runs...)
Old 11-12-2005, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thank's for the great words everyone! This car was a long time coming. Jim and I have done more research then most could believe and I am just glad after all these years it all came together

I have some stat's from some of the runs. I know Jim and Cory will want to see them.

The injectors actually hit 15Pm but settles in at 13Pw at the TQ peak and were around 12Pw on the HP peak

O2s were 97xMv and 93xMv

We were getting 1-3 degree's of Knock retard just as I went WOT Looks like if we could bump an accelerater pump table or find a tip in retard table that could go away. The retard decaed fast and was not hurting us at all. Some thing to expect I guess

Over all it looked good and I was very happy after I figured out we were making more then the 385RWHP!

Funny Story for those who were not there. I was sitting in the car tuning and just glancing at the screen. First run there was a mix up and I was told the car only made 386RWHP. After four runn's or so Jim is still not looking happy and the curve has only gained a few(7) HP. I look up the dyno operator and tell him how this sucks. After doing all this research and buy of new parts, custom intake and all it won't even break 400RWHP. He looks at me and say "OH It makes more then 400"
me "What?"

BTW they thought we were juicing! I told them that would be next time with a 200hp shot

In the end our street tune was so close that we only added fuel because it should a few more a few(like 2) Rwhp more on the dyno Not bad for a shop with out a dyno!

Finally got your bad boy out on the street huh! That's awesome, and about time too. Good numbers BTW And those numbers are N/A correct? Well now I got to see this thing in person..............times coming, I owe you some beer anyways.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

O2s were 97xMv and 93xMv

me "What?"

Kudos, you guys do good work. Ellis, I would like to have you check out my tune. I know some, and believe I have a basic understanding, but you do this for a living and seem to have it down. Would we need to make an appointment? Sorry to hijack thread, but with what I plan on doing I have not much room for error.
Robert
Old 11-12-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Just for comparison's sake, to show you all what Jimbob's car REALLY makes, I just got back from the dyno, and with a similar drivetrain I now only put 360 to the tires. I was making 391+. So a converter & a big rear end is worth almost another 10% loss!

It's also good for about 6/10ths at the track!

So by my figuring, if Jimbob had a stock driveline in the car, he'd put around 500 to the tires!

PS Ellis - my a/f was 13.5 at initial WOT & was running right at 13 the entire run.

The dyno chart below shows before (with the 9") & after the converter.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno The Speed Secrets Project car...-converter-dyno.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno The Speed Secrets Project car...