Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Go Longhorns!

Old 01-05-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Longhorns!

I think the title says it all, but what a game.

How'd Nebraska (24) do in their Bowl game Mark? I think the called it the Toilet Bowl.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, what a game! Two VERY good teams that left nothing on the table. Obviously the 2 best teams in the country. As for NU, I didn't know they were ranked now. About time. Michigan was the 3rd ranked team they beat this year. That was a Hell of a bowl game too! Next to last nights game, maybe the best one.....
Old 01-05-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

So who won?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Well, since Rey posted, and the title says Go Longhorns....
Old 01-05-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Well, since Rey posted, and the title says Go Longhorns....
Rey HAD to post about it since no other Texas team has done squat all year.

Cowboys - suck
Texans - Super sucked
Astros - Humiliated
The list goes on.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Rey HAD to post about it since no other Texas team has done squat all year.

Cowboys - suck
Texans - Super sucked
Astros - Humiliated
The list goes on.

Since we're doing the analysis:

Clippers - Suck
Lakers - Suck
Raiders - Suck
Chargers - Suck, only good player from LT from TCU (Texas)
Dodgers - Suck
49ers - Got beat by the Texans, so let's say....Extremely sucky
Giants - Suck
UCLA - Sucks, got humilated by USC
and well
USC - Sucks, got beat by TEXAS

EAT IT!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Since we're doing the analysis:

Clippers - Suck
Lakers - Suck
Raiders - Suck
Chargers - Suck, only good player from LT from TCU (Texas)
Dodgers - Suck
49ers - Got beat by the Texans, so let's say....Extremely sucky
Giants - Suck
UCLA - Sucks, got humilated by USC
and well
USC - Sucks, got beat by TEXAS

EAT IT!
You are missing something mighty important there, oh sensitive one......I could not care less about ANY California sports teams if I tried. The ONLY team of ANY sport that I follow is The Steelers...and they are in the playoffs this year, AGAIN!!!!!! If they lose, then they lose, but I don't run around shooting my mouth off about how great "insert names here" sports teams from wherever are, only to not be able to back it up.

Next time you want to attempt to insult me, at least try to know what might get under my skin first.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
You are missing something mighty important there, oh sensitive one......I could not care less about ANY California sports teams if I tried. The ONLY team of ANY sport that I follow is The Steelers...and they are in the playoffs this year, AGAIN!!!!!! If they lose, then they lose, but I don't run around shooting my mouth off about how great "insert names here" sports teams from wherever are, only to not be able to back it up.

Next time you want to attempt to insult me, at least try to know what might get under my skin first.
Damn Darrin, your pretty sensitive lately. How does me posting about my University's win, affect you in anyway? I see posts here about go seahawks, or go [insert favorite team], is it in violation of forum rules for me to do the same. I was just trying to spark up some post about the game, or the longhorns, yet immediately you feel it necessary to make a check list on the rest of Texas' teams. I laugh it off, and reply. So I post, and you take it as a personal attack and respond w/ the BS posted above. I'm just fighting fire w/ fire, there's no need to get your panties in a bunch. I'm not sure if it's left over aggression from the post on the other thread, but relax. At your old age, it can't be good for your heart.

Now I know I haven't really posted in a while, so I may of missed something, but it's still ok to poke fun at each other and state our opinions???
Old 01-06-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Damn Darrin, your pretty sensitive lately. How does me posting about my University's win, affect you in anyway? I see posts here about go seahawks, or go [insert favorite team], is it in violation of forum rules for me to do the same. I was just trying to spark up some post about the game, or the longhorns, yet immediately you feel it necessary to make a check list on the rest of Texas' teams. I laugh it off, and reply. So I post, and you take it as a personal attack and respond w/ the BS posted above. I'm just fighting fire w/ fire, there's no need to get your panties in a bunch. I'm not sure if it's left over aggression from the post on the other thread, but relax. At your old age, it can't be good for your heart.

Now I know I haven't really posted in a while, so I may of missed something, but it's still ok to poke fun at each other and state our opinions???
How am I being sensitive? You go out of your way to be a jerk to me and I respond, no different then anyone else would do. And Dude, THIS particular thread was never personal, it was just left over joking from your posts earlier this year about how much better the Texas teams are then the Washington teams......and my latest response was just trying to help YOU out since I don't care one bit about any California team of any sport........but it also was to point out to you that just about EVERY post you make towards me or about me is never anything but giving me grief, whether it be making fun of my Steelers, which I gladly accept in the good nature of all sports rivalries, that everyone has to some degree, but before that it seemed like just about every post you have made (directed at/towards me) in the last 6 months was trying to insinuate or imply that I am gay or whatever, which is laughable.......but the post about me and my weight was just you being nothing but an *******, plain and simple. There was absolutely nothing in your post about "Gee, what a surprise, Darrin at a fast food restaurant" that could be taken in an amusing or joking fashion, period. For whatever reason you have decided that you don't like me, and that is cool, I really don't care, but if you don't have anything nice to say, why post insults and BS in my threads that were never about you, mentioned you or had anything to do with anything remotely close to you? Is everyone free to post in these threads? Absolutely. Is it ok to be rude and mean for no obvious reason? No, not at all.

For the record, I was rooting for Texas to win the Rose Bowl as I like the underdog and wanted to see USC knocked down a peg or two just cuz.

My "panties are not in a bunch", nor do I care that you posted about Texas winning, again, it isn't about that. And this talk about violating forum rules....well, I have NO idea where that came from. I don't have any aggression towards you or whatever you want to call it and my post here about Texas teams was just good natured ribbing, the kind that has been going on all year here (between SEVERAL people) about sports, and Texas teams vs everyone else. Nothing more, nothing less. It was YOU who chose to make things personal by making fun of my weight and then claiming "no offense". Dude, be real, that is BS. The ONLY reason you posted that smart A$$ comment about me being in a drive thru was to try to get a rise out of me and have me take offense at it. There simply is no other reason for why you did that. And if you had even the tiniest little clue about me, my life or what I have been thru that has led me to be who and how I am, then you wouldn't have said a word (unless you are truly a heartless *****, and I don't believe that you are.)

As for it still being ok to poke fun at each other here, as far as I know it is and it happens regularly, but you took it to another level yesterday and there is no denying that. Had the topic been "my fat *** constantly easting fast food", then yeah, your comment would have been less offensive & potentially amusing, but it wasn't and you did it for no other reason then to be a jerk IMHO.

Now, I am done (hopefully) with this subject/thread and I will try to refrain from making any posts that might cause you to feel picked on or otherwise wronged.......I do not want to take away from the enjoyment of ANYONE on this forum as it is a wonderful place and it doesn't need to be brought down to the level it was yesterday by your comments. But please understand this, I am NOT all upset, my panties are not in a bunch and aside from your one comment yesterday, everything is like Fonzie. This is the internet, pretty much nothing here phases me since it isn't real and it is just people running their mouths (myself included) but it is my belief some common courtesies should be followed. Your call........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Go Longhorns!