Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

2006 Run What you Brung List!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tru_ice
12.19@112 w/ 1.96 60'

Hey Jon, what was you 60' on that 12.1 you ran?
2.02 was the first 60' time, and I ran one 60' of 1.882, but I hit the rev limiter. ............

Anyway, with the heads and 90/90 setup you got awaiting install, you should be well on your way to hit your goal of 11.50's. When are you planning on putting them on?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
2.02 was the first 60' time, and I ran one 60' of 1.882, but I hit the rev limiter. ............

Anyway, with the heads and 90/90 setup you got awaiting install, you should be well on your way to hit your goal of 11.50's. When are you planning on putting them on?
When I get back. I'm also this close on going w/ Rodney's tranny w/ 3.42s.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

When I get back. I'm also this close on going w/ Rodney's tranny w/ 3.42s.
That will really help you! But why are you only going with 3:42's? Why not something that will have more impact like 3:90's or 4:10's?

Are you planning on spraying now? If you do you are gonna need a cage........

Remember what I said about not wanting a cage? Well, I'm gonna need one to stay near the top! I'll never be on top, but just to be up there your gonna need a cage or at least an illegal run!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That will really help you! But why are you only going with 3:42's? Why not something that will have more impact like 3:90's or 4:10's?

Are you planning on spraying now? If you do you are gonna need a cage........

Remember what I said about not wanting a cage? Well, I'm gonna need one to stay near the top! I'll never be on top, but just to be up there your gonna need a cage or at least an illegal run!
MPG.

Nah I don't want to spray, I'm going to keep it NA. I'm too much of a whuss, I just don't want to risk blowing something. I just don't want to have to worry about the tranny like I was today, I'd like to just stage and go. Plus I think I'd pick up .1 or .2 secs w/ 3.42s. We'll see, I'll probably go by Rodney's when I'm in Chicago to talk to him. I figure it'll cost me about $3200 for a bullet proof tranny, diff, and dte brace. Launching w/ peace of mind PRICELESS.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

MPG.

Nah I don't want to spray, I'm going to keep it NA. I'm too much of a whuss, I just don't want to risk blowing something. I just don't want to have to worry about the tranny like I was today, I'd like to just stage and go. Plus I think I'd pick up .1 or .2 secs w/ 3.42s. We'll see, I'll probably go by Rodney's when I'm in Chicago to talk to him. I figure it'll cost me about $3200 for a bullet proof tranny, diff, and dte brace. Launching w/ peace of mind PRICELESS.
I hear ya! I'm gonna get the DTE strut brace as soon as I get back, then the rest...............

But I'm gonna run her hard till the tranny blows, then I'll go for a built one! I'll at least get my moneys worth out of the stock tranny.

It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts before it goes boom! Should be a while considering I'll only be putting 400rwhp through it. Then maybe 550rwhp with spray.

Hmmm, that has me wondering what the stock tranny can handle!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah them transmissions are total crap! Look at the ones around here blowing up left and right
Old 02-20-2006, 07:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yeah them transmissions are total crap! Look at the ones around here blowing up left and right
Not sure what the stock ones can hold. Mine held ~400rwhp for a long time. And I've heard some urban legends about some guy 'round here that can build them to hold 500, 600, even 750 rw. But you know how those stories are.....
Old 03-19-2006, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, This is a **** time for me, but at least i'll be on the list. 12.81@109.23 2.005 60ft.
Spinning out of the hole on both passes today!!!! Just could not hook. Although I guess it could have been worse, Robert broke his driveshaft on his 1st pass. Only made it half way doun the track. At least I think it was his driveshaft?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan K

I actually have a "Cat Back" system now
Borla

Headers should be in the mail as of now too.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Nobody from our group had much luck today. My best was a 11.22 @ 122 with some loud banging going on. Sound like the drive shaft was hitting, but it wasn't. To top it off the computer quit logging so I didn't get to see what was going on.

I got a second pass 3 friggin hours later after pulling 5mph & 500 rpm out of the shift points. No more banging & a whopping 11.59 @ 118! But I logged that run & the LTFTs were +14!!! I swear they were dead on yesterday when ELllis & I were tuning.....

But it could be worse. Robert broke an axle.....hope you get it fixed soon buddy! And I got to see where he lives.

PS The Hoosier DRs work fine. I came out @ 2k & they hooked fine & I ran 2 1.6 60's. This on a day when many people were NOT hooking.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks, I was hoping to hear about all your 10 second passes.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

I took one pass before I got fed up with a line that went around the curve in the track and out the gate. I have NEVER seen it that crowded before.

Anyhow, I did post a best time of 13.80 at 100.50 mph, with a 2.13 60' time.

I'm fairly certain with a little less tire pressure in the rear, and a little more in the front it would have broke into the blazing 13.7x range. And with less than a full tank of gas (yep, had me a full 18 or 19 gallons of fuel in there), maybe shoot for the stars and a 13.6x.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Second Club

I'm sorry everyone had such a shitty day at the track. So was it just not prepped right or what? I would have thought at least one or two people should have got some decent times!

It sounds like you all got the shaft! So did anyone get any good times? Typically lanes 1 and 2 aren't nearly as bad as the rest of the lanes. But from the sounds of it, all the lanes were crammed! Earlier this season before I deployed, we only got 2-3 runs in then as well! So i'd say it was similar to then!

I personally like being around the cars and talking with freinds almost as much as getting a new best time or a great run period! So I would have enjoyed it either way. However, it'll be nice when Bremerton opens up and everyone has more time and runs to get there cars dialed in.

-Robert-
What's the word on the Vette? Was it the output shaft that broke or was it something else? Hopefully its the long output shaft so you can put the hardened one in. But when I bought it (because they are the ones that typically break) I found out it was the smaller one that broke (the stronger one)! That took me for a loop! I shouldn't have to worry about it now, but my tranny needs the strut brace still.

I'm telling you...........one thing leads to another and another and another. You start with one mod and have to support it with another mod and the cycle goes on and on.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:36 PM
11 Second Club

I figure,. of the track isn't gonna be prepped well,

you might as well go to bremerton,
and get 20-30 runs in

if it's dry, I'm gonna be there friday
gates open 3pm
racing starts 4pm
Old 03-21-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sorry everyone had such a shitty day at the track. So was it just not prepped right or what? I would have thought at least one or two people should have got some decent times!

It sounds like you all got the shaft! So did anyone get any good times? Typically lanes 1 and 2 aren't nearly as bad as the rest of the lanes. But from the sounds of it, all the lanes were crammed! Earlier this season before I deployed, we only got 2-3 runs in then as well! So i'd say it was similar to then!

I personally like being around the cars and talking with freinds almost as much as getting a new best time or a great run period! So I would have enjoyed it either way. However, it'll be nice when Bremerton opens up and everyone has more time and runs to get there cars dialed in.

-Robert-
What's the word on the Vette? Was it the output shaft that broke or was it something else? Hopefully its the long output shaft so you can put the hardened one in. But when I bought it (because they are the ones that typically break) I found out it was the smaller one that broke (the stronger one)! That took me for a loop! I shouldn't have to worry about it now, but my tranny needs the strut brace still.

I'm telling you...........one thing leads to another and another and another. You start with one mod and have to support it with another mod and the cycle goes on and on.
Jon, yea, the time I tried to run they just prepped track, and man was it sticky. Hehehehehe One more mod, oh well, it's just money. How ya doing over there? What's your come back date?

Here's some more info from the day.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/472600-sunday-3-19-pr.html
Robert
Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Jon, yea, the time I tried to run they just prepped track, and man was it sticky. Hehehehehe One more mod, oh well, it's just money. How ya doing over there? What's your come back date?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472600
Robert
Well, I leave for Germany today and I'll go through some austere places and I'll let you know where I end up! Not looking forward to leaving Germany due to the money I'm making here, but it was inevetable. From what I have been hearing about our return date is that we may be out here longer than we expected...........not way longer, but something in the neighborhood of 2-3 weeks. That means I could return anywhere from late June to Late July. That only leaves like a little more than one month for racing! Or is the season longer than that?

I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get on here from the other places considering this is a military computer that I'm typing on right now. So being able to keep up with what you guys are doing will be nice!

I went to Trier the other day and took a bunch of pictures of buildings and the surroundings. I'll try to get some pics posted some time! I went into a cathedral that was 1600 years old. It was emaculate and very well maintained. You would never have guessed it was so old. It was amazing, completely amazing. And enormous.....

Other than that, things are going good! I'll be keeping in touch! And that nitrous system and cage are going on when I get back! Take care!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472600
Robert
BTW, the thread you attached doesn't say what broke! What exactly broke?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

At the rate things are going I won't be on the list at all this year

The vette delays are killing the likelihood of being able to get the turbo install on the truck done soon enough to get all the development wrapped up in time to actually race it.

Sometimes I hate this lifestyle. You just can't get things done on time!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryan K
2005 has come and gone! That list is OLD News. Here we go fresh from the begining. Clean Slate Time.

So, Lets get it going. Post up your times in here and I'll get them integrated...

Hey Ryan 00Vette has 3.90s and LG race headers, and was still running w/ an LS1 intake. Just trying to keep it accurate.

Oh and me, 3.15s, LTs, 3200stall, H/C.

I'M COMING FOR YOU JOHN!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

Hey Ryan 00Vette has 3.90s and LG race headers, and was still running w/ an LS1 intake. Just trying to keep it accurate.

Oh and me, 3.15s, LTs, 3200stall, H/C.

I'M COMING FOR YOU JOHN!

You may beat my time while I'm gone, but remember this! If your not running 10's by the time I get home, you won't be above my time for long.

I'll be spraying the juice when I get home...........

Quick Reply: 2006 Run What you Brung List!