Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

removing engine help, willing to pay!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default removing engine help, willing to pay!!!!

I have a 93 camaro t-56, my car has sat all winter and i am ready to work on it again, but i cant get the old engine out. I am allready commited to taking it out from the top. (everything is taken off the engine, just the block basically remains) I think i am somehow stuck from the driveshaft thing from the manual trans or the clutch fork release thing, i cant figure it out, but the engine wont budge.

PLease help i want to get my new 383 from golen engines i just have sitting here in soon! Is there a write up somewhere or can someone help me? I am mechanically inclined but i think i would need some detail. I even have a shop manual for my car but cant figure it out. Also what is a good way to remove the tranny?

I live in mount vernon, wa if anyone who knows exactly how to do this i am willing to pay, food/drinks, to come up and help, let me know thanks!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're pulling the engine from the top side I'd recomend pulling the trans first. Ironically, your car is pretty much in the EXACT same state as mine is right now (bare shortblock and pulling trans out). I just came in from the garage and I'm real close to having my trans out. Easiest is to pull the trans from the bellhousing first. There is a top bolt way up there that's a bit difficult to get at. 93TAWicked1 showed me a way to get that top bolt out with about 15 socket extensions (extending ratchet to the tailshaft lol..) but it works pretty good. Pulling the trans out is a one man operation if it's on jackstands. After you pull the trans from the bellhousing, yank the bellhousing and clutch assy from the block. Other than that, you should be good to go.

If I were closer, I'd help ya out. Maybe someone more local to you will lend a hand.

Mike