Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

? 4 Ellis

Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? 4 Ellis

Since I can't get enough umf on these 3 LARGE bolts to nbreak them loose on the Moser (that hold the torque mount to the housing so I can get the pumpkin out) I need to know if Danny was going to be doing this job officially at the shop, or at home.

If it's at the shop, meaning it would be a fairly quick turn-around, I'll ask Don if I can throw my car on his lift for a couple days. Figuring I can get a LOOOOONG pipe on my breaker bar & have my way with them. But if he was doing it on the side, and take a week or more, then maybe I'll just drive it down & have them do the whole thing. (I don't want to impose on Don during tweak-weeks of the racing season)

And let me know when the fuel pump gets here. The book makes it look pretty easy to remove the tank now that everything is out of the way, but I don't want gas fumes in the garage any longer than necessary. Thanks bro!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Call me
Old 02-22-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Ellis....OH ELLIS...oh, you mean on the phone. OK.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Since I can't get enough umf on these 3 LARGE bolts to nbreak them loose on the Moser (that hold the torque mount to the housing so I can get the pumpkin out) I need to know if Danny was going to be doing this job officially at the shop, or at home.

If it's at the shop, meaning it would be a fairly quick turn-around, I'll ask Don if I can throw my car on his lift for a couple days. Figuring I can get a LOOOOONG pipe on my breaker bar & have my way with them. But if he was doing it on the side, and take a week or more, then maybe I'll just drive it down & have them do the whole thing. (I don't want to impose on Don during tweak-weeks of the racing season)

And let me know when the fuel pump gets here. The book makes it look pretty easy to remove the tank now that everything is out of the way, but I don't want gas fumes in the garage any longer than necessary. Thanks bro!

AIR Power!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

I tried that. And a torch. And a BFH too! Ellis suggested I drop the entire rear end & take that down to Danny. Not what I wanted to do, but that will make the fuel pump job easier. Not that you are supposed to need to do that on 4th gens.....
Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried that. And a torch. And a BFH too! Ellis suggested I drop the entire rear end & take that down to Danny. Not what I wanted to do, but that will make the fuel pump job easier. Not that you are supposed to need to do that on 4th gens.....

you mean LS1 F-body's
Old 02-23-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

What kinda pump ya getting? My buddy put in a Wahlbro 255 when he put an ATI on his '02 WS6 and it was a disaster and ended up being replaced (mostly because the install directions were crap). I am sure the pump is a good piece, just had suck-*** directions.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

Yep, LS1 4th gen, my bad....and it's a Walbro.....but I have the "Ellis-1" reference tool
Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Yep, LS1 4th gen, my bad....and it's a Walbro.....but I have the "Ellis-1" reference tool
Always a useful thing to have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ? 4 Ellis