Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

weird vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default weird vibration

i need some help figuring this out. yesterday when i started up my car i noticed that my car was shaking more then usual. it always shakes with the engine, but this is a lot rougher. also when i started to drive it felt like i was driving a gravel road with really bad pot holes, but when the engine reaches about 2k rpm it smoothes out. i thought it might be the #7 plug wire that pops off sometimes, but it was snug. so if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jewbacca
i need some help figuring this out. yesterday when i started up my car i noticed that my car was shaking more then usual. it always shakes with the engine, but this is a lot rougher. also when i started to drive it felt like i was driving a gravel road with really bad pot holes, but when the engine reaches about 2k rpm it smoothes out. i thought it might be the #7 plug wire that pops off sometimes, but it was snug. so if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
That does not sound good. The last time I was in a car that shook like that the motor was blown. And no it didn't shake all the time. You might want to check your oil, pull off the cap (where you put the oil in) and see if its milky looking..Then get back to us...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had my LT1 it turned out to be the timing chain had backed out a couple of bolts and was wobling causing the timing to be screwed up.
But the Milky thing woud be poopy...
Old 02-28-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i just checked for milk and didn't see any. my grandpa told me to also check for any ignition shorts, but i didn't see any. but when i had the car running it sounded like an exhaust manafold leak coming out the tail pipes, and it seems to get louder at the 2 bolt flange. the flange started coming loose, but i haven't had a chance to tighten it since my tools are in storage. could that be it? also, don't know if this means anything, but after i shut off the car it looked like a lil exhaust came out.