Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mike Lavallee Killer Paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike Lavallee Killer Paint

Took the whole family to the Seattle Roadster Show last night. Brian my 12 year old wants to meet Mike Lavallee of killer paint, so he goes and finds him and strikes up a conversation. Tells him he loves flames and really loves his work. Brian tells him he has airbrush, Mike tells him he started with a hobby set to and ask him about what he has done. Brian tells him some of his friends bicycles and skateboards, and the WHEELBARROW OF DOOM. Mike is like hold on what is a WHEELBARROW OF DOOM. Brian, oh Mr. Lavallee it is something I invented I took a Wheelbarrow tray and bolted it to the top of a skateboard, we ride it down our hill and I did my first airbrush paint job on it.
Mike is like I gotta see this, pulls out a card writes down his personal e-mail address and asks Brian to send him pictures.

Made Brian's night, pretty cool of Mike to pump a kid up.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:05 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The wheelbarrow of doom, that ******* rocks.

Getting that boy started young, I see a future performance car owner there.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
The wheelbarrow of doom, that ******* rocks.

Getting that boy started young, I see a future performance car owner there.
Or a performance car designer.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Took the whole family to the Seattle Roadster Show last night. Brian my 12 year old wants to meet Mike Lavallee of killer paint, so he goes and finds him and strikes up a conversation. Tells him he loves flames and really loves his work. Brian tells him he has airbrush, Mike tells him he started with a hobby set to and ask him about what he has done. Brian tells him some of his friends bicycles and skateboards, and the WHEELBARROW OF DOOM. Mike is like hold on what is a WHEELBARROW OF DOOM. Brian, oh Mr. Lavallee it is something I invented I took a Wheelbarrow tray and bolted it to the top of a skateboard, we ride it down our hill and I did my first airbrush paint job on it.
Mike is like I gotta see this, pulls out a card writes down his personal e-mail address and asks Brian to send him pictures.

Made Brian's night, pretty cool of Mike to pump a kid up.
That is really cool. Stuff like that can really make a kid's night/week/month/year. Nice to know there are still some good folks around when everyone else "seems" to be only worried with making the almighty dollar.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd like to see a picture of the WHEELBARROW OF DOOM too.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VIKING
I'd like to see a picture of the WHEELBARROW OF DOOM too.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

That's awesome! I'd love to get a ghost true fire paint job done by him.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Steve you needed to get the boy over to Chip foose lol
Old 03-04-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

I remember when I was about 12 and at a car show that had one of the only Lamborghini Countachs in the state. I spent so much time around that car and took so many pictures that the owner came up and asked me if I wanted to sit in it. Of course I said yes. He taught me how to get in and out of it and let me sit behind the wheel for a good 10 minutes soaking it all in. Other people came up and asked if they could sit in it and he told them all no. I remember that all very clearly to this day. Brian will have a great memory for a long time and it is very cool that Mike took such an interest in him and encouraged him to develop his tallent.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

WHEELBARROW OF DOOM

Having raised a son, I think of MEDICAL BILLS OF DOOM anytime a thought like that gets in their head
Though he did do an outstanding paint job on his snowboard - the one he almost ended up joining the first Olympic Snowboard team with.

He just didn't smoke enough ganja

Other artists seem to recognize true appreciation, especially when its a kid. They hope the potential they have is not wasted on a just a "job" but a hobby that pays the bills...and a little more when they grow up
Old 03-04-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
WHEELBARROW OF DOOM

Having raised a son, I think of MEDICAL BILLS OF DOOM anytime a thought like that gets in their head
Though he did do an outstanding paint job on his snowboard - the one he almost ended up joining the first Olympic Snowboard team with.

He just didn't smoke enough ganja

Other artists seem to recognize true appreciation, especially when its a kid. They hope the potential they have is not wasted on a just a "job" but a hobby that pays the bills...and a little more when they grow up
I told ya you weren't hippie enough for this area.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I told ya you weren't hippie enough for this area.
uh...we are too!

I just can't post the pictures that show we are.
At least not here anyway
Old 03-05-2006, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

That rocks Steve! Nice to see a guy like that would take some time to encourage a kid's imagination.

We talked with Mike for about 5 minutes. The guy is pretty cool. He has a passion for this stuff & it shows in his work. I hope someday I can afford to have him paint our TA. He told me to birng it in sometime so we can talk about Linda's paint scheme. He seemed pretty excited after I described the car & her dragon theme & actually had a few ideas that sounded cool. We'll see.....

Quick Reply: Mike Lavallee Killer Paint