Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Cam and tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam and tuning questions

hey guys...so i might be rebuilding (or having rebuilt) the motor in my car cuz it's approaching the 100k mark and it's an lt1 and you know how the oil systems on those cars are anyways i'm doin kind of preventative maintenance. So i'm probably gonna change the cam maybe put some headers and maybe have it tuned. i was wondering about some suggestions for a cam, who to have it tuned by, and maybe what headers and if i do all three of these what numbers should i expect and what kind of times, if you guys could help me out that'd be great!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to get a hold of Ellis @ Speed Secrets. He is the LT1 man. TWOFST4LV is his screen name here. He had been busy so be patient.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Although I'm sure Ellis could hook you up, research is still going to be your ultimate best friend when it comes to choosing a cam and other performance mods. No 'one' person is going to be able to "nail" your driving habbits, or general use of the car. If you're serious about getting the most out of it, try posting this question in the LT1 Tech section. You'll want to really think about what you're after, performance wise, with the car and get some goals worked out. There are so many factors involved that you could literally have a nice 300rwhp car,,,,,, or a 440rwhp car depending how you go about it. Once you establish a goal with the car, ask questions from others that have the same performance level you're shooting for. Gather as much information as you can from a variety of people, especially in reference to cams etc. I think you'll find that opinions vary wildly, so try to use a bit of 'weeding' and ultimately I think the more research you do, the happier you'll be in the end.

Good luck man.
Mike