Old 04-06-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to remember that one.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

did you guys check out the pics too?

go to the comments and there is an address in there you can go to and see pics of the body damage....not too bad considering what happened. But, she could have been killed. My buddy Tony just died monday on his bike in Everett...brings you to reality real quick. I will NEVER own a bike in THIS state.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear about your friend Travis.

I still want another bike though.......after having ridden in So Cal, I won't mind up here at all. Just gotta be ultra-defensive and presume EVERYONE is out to kill you/run you over.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TravisH.

go to the comments and there is an address in there you can go to and see pics of the body damage....not too bad considering what happened. But, she could have been killed. My buddy Tony just died monday on his bike in Everett...brings you to reality real quick. I will NEVER own a bike in THIS state.
You know, my grandfather was killed on a motorcycle when my dad was a teen, and my father suffered maiming injuries on one when he was 18 - but I grew up with my dad still riding a motorcycle, and taking me on it. The truth is, you can't give up your loves just to be safe ... that is not living, it is surviving.

I am very sorry to hear about your friend, death is always a tragedy.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Damn, that was a HUGE talk over on Cycleforums....
Old 04-08-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

I just watched the video.....not kewl.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Its not the fact that I am "scared" to ride one, its that to me its not worth it, and I know 3 people who have been killed on them....not 100% their fault either, its the idiots that are surrounding them. Ive raced Dirtbikes since I was 5 and have a lot of riding experience on bikes, sleds, quads, cars, everything. Its not me that I'm worried about its all the other idiots out on the road. They give anybody a license....if you can steer the car, and can read whatever language you speak, your good to go. Common sense is obviosly not a prerequisite. And it should be.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

I love riding and just got into it. It has been a nasty start to the season this year. I understand their are risks, but if you ride smart and in gear you can minimize some of the risk. I don't think riding in WA is any more dangerous then anywhere else in the US.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Its not the fact that I am "scared" to ride one, its that to me its not worth it, and I know 3 people who have been killed on them....not 100% their fault either, its the idiots that are surrounding them. Ive raced Dirtbikes since I was 5 and have a lot of riding experience on bikes, sleds, quads, cars, everything. Its not me that I'm worried about its all the other idiots out on the road. They give anybody a license....if you can steer the car, and can read whatever language you speak, your good to go. Common sense is obviosly not a prerequisite. And it should be.
I don't think anyone (at least not me) was saying you were scared......I know a lotta guys who have gone down or had buddies go down and they give it up. Some people prefer to live more then others. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

No, not saying anyone was scared, not in the least bit! I guess I was just trying to say that we shouldn't let our lives be ruled by what "can" happen, or even what HAS happened. We can, however, chose to make ourselves as safe as possible in our chosen pasttimes - like Armoget states. Washington is no worse than anywhere else - remember, there is no state that requires you to have a liscense to purchase a motor vehicle, and the people who scare me are the illegal drivers, not the ones who took the time and paid the money to do it legally.

And BTW - those terrible things I mentioned in my previous post both happened in CA and both were the fault of the operator, not the vehicle that the crash occured with (My grandfather was doing a U-turn on a highway between Death Valley and Oxnard, my father hit the rear of a car pulling out of a driveway on a hill in Ventura, travelling far to fast and not looking ahead.)
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NautyAngel
No, not saying anyone was scared, not in the least bit! I guess I was just trying to say that we shouldn't let our lives be ruled by what "can" happen, or even what HAS happened. We can, however, chose to make ourselves as safe as possible in our chosen pasttimes - like Armoget states. Washington is no worse than anywhere else - remember, there is no state that requires you to have a liscense to purchase a motor vehicle, and the people who scare me are the illegal drivers, not the ones who took the time and paid the money to do it legally.

And BTW - those terrible things I mentioned in my previous post both happened in CA and both were the fault of the operator, not the vehicle that the crash occured with (My grandfather was doing a U-turn on a highway between Death Valley and Oxnard, my father hit the rear of a car pulling out of a driveway on a hill in Ventura, travelling far to fast and not looking ahead.)
Ventura County is brutal to riders......I lived there for years, saw a lot of nasty MC accidents.

That highway you mentioned, wouldn't happen to be 126 would it?
Old 04-09-2006, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Honestly Darren, I don't know. It happened when my dad was 14, and he doesnt talk about it. I know he and his dad were supposed to go on a run to death valley (with others), and at the time they lived in Oxnard. At the last minute they got in a big fight and my dad didnt go. On the way back from the trip, my grandfather was doing a u-turn on the hiway and was struck and killed.

As for my dad, I have seen the newspaper clippings. He topped that hill doing 70+ and hit the back of a car. He had a helmet on, but he shattered his femur and all of his fingers.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NautyAngel
Honestly Darren, I don't know. It happened when my dad was 14, and he doesnt talk about it. I know he and his dad were supposed to go on a run to death valley (with others), and at the time they lived in Oxnard. At the last minute they got in a big fight and my dad didnt go. On the way back from the trip, my grandfather was doing a u-turn on the hiway and was struck and killed.

As for my dad, I have seen the newspaper clippings. He topped that hill doing 70+ and hit the back of a car. He had a helmet on, but he shattered his femur and all of his fingers.
Sorry hon.........didn't mean to bring up bad memories.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

oh, no worries. All of this happened long before I was even a gleam. It is sad, but they were both being foolish, and it just proves that the motorcyclist is just as responsible for his safety as anything. My dad would have died without the helmet, no question, so at least he was doing something right!
Old 04-09-2006, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch. Just saw the pics of that chick with the road rash. Hopefully she won't scar up too badly.

The trick to surviving on a motorcycle is to act like you're invisible to everyone else and always ride with your high beams on... On a bike, you just have to assume that NOBODY sees you because most people just don't look for motorcycles on the road.

Mike

Quick Reply: how to dump ur girl