Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

What Kind of exhaust should i get

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What Kind of exhaust should i get

Well I Just ordered my hooker headers and y pipe and I was wondering What would be a good exhaust system to run see I want it to look nice but I also want it to give me performance and aggressive sound,See I have loked at slp loudmouth and bora cat back but im just not shure it would be great for some Suggestions you can email me at or aim (Hitman308@aol.com) that would be really helpful thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Veteran

GMMG is arguably one of the best ones out there. It is pricey but sounds SWEEEEEEEEEEET. Loudmouth with long tubes = raspy according to many a person......I am sure a coulpe other people around here will chip in with what they like.........hard to go wrong with most any decent catback really....magnaflow, borla, etc.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Borla looks nice (polsihes up VERY well) and gives you the option of adjustment via the plates. GMMG looks nice & polishes up too. I run the Corsa, that I like best because of the premium tips. I have pics on my website (polished of course). Can't say I've seen it on an SS tho.....ALL 3 sound nice & peform well. The SLP Loudmouth is TOO loud for me. Magnaflow sounds nice but sucks in the performance area.....
Old 04-10-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard magnaflow and it sounds good...but you cant go wrong with hooker
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 AM
Formerly MagRedC5

Default Borla Catback w/tuning plates...

if you want that deep MuscleCar sound. I had the Borla Catback on my '02 TA & sounded great! Plus, the option of 3 different size plate openings is a cool feature. IMHO, Borla is #1. I have the Borla Stinger on my '01 C5 Coupe and get lots of compliments on the sound.

Long live the FBody!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

Hey Magredc5! Borla is a great system for the Vette, but have you had much experience with Borla and F-bodies? LG's headers are made by Borla and are supposedly among the best, if not "THE" best LT headers on the market.....for the C5 As I'm sure the rest of there products are. I speak of the headers becuase those are the only Borla product I have personally dealt with.

The F-bodies are way different in the exhaust area.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Formerly MagRedC5

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Hey Magredc5! Borla is a great system for the Vette, but have you had much experience with Borla and F-bodies? LG's headers are made by Borla and are supposedly among the best, if not "THE" best LT headers on the market.....for the C5 As I'm sure the rest of there products are. I speak of the headers becuase those are the only Borla product I have personally dealt with.

The F-bodies are way different in the exhaust area.
Hey Jon,

Here is a copy-n-paste of my post you replied to...

if you want that deep MuscleCar sound. I had the Borla Catback on my '02 TA & sounded great! Plus, the option of 3 different size plate openings is a cool feature. IMHO, Borla is #1. I have the Borla Stinger on my '01 C5 Coupe and get lots of compliments on the sound.

Long live the FBody!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ive got a boom tube I'll sell you.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
I KNOW what that sounds like !
Old 04-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Teching In

This is the famous "Loud Mouth" cat-back exhaust system for the 1998-2002 LS1-powered Camaro and Firebird. The system replaces all the pipes from the "y-pipe" with new mandrel bent stainless steel tubing for free flow and an SLP designed resonator, which replaces the muffler in the stock system. This new exhaust system offers up to a 25 horsepower gain and is a direct bolt-on replacement for the stock exhaust system. You'll FEEL the increased power and enjoy real muscle car sound. This "Loud Mouth" exhaust is offered with your choice of polished stainless steel, 3.5" slash cut (Part #31042A) or 2.5" dual/dual tips. SLP's "Loud Mouth" LS1 cat-back exhaust is easy to bolt-on and includes all necessary hardware, a limited lifetime warranty and detailed instructions to complete the installation.

SLP Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems:

* Are street legal in ALL 50 States.
* Offer easy, bolt-on installation.
* Offer fuel economy improvement.
* Have mandrel bent 409 stainless steel, 3" diameter intermediate pipes and 304 stainless steel high luster tailpipes with round angle-cut ends.
* Limited Lifetime Warranty.
* Up to 25 additional horsepower and improved 0-60 MPH and 1/4 mile performance.

This Is the Slp Loudmouth I was looking at but i Havent herd one of these befor!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok slp loudmouth does have a raspy sound at higher RPM's. the corsa is very nice and i love the tips. i have seen it on a few ss back in houston. borla is very nice and it sounds nice with the hookers headers. it looks good and i love the tips on this one too.

Brad
Old 04-11-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Like I said, with long tube headers it is supposed to be very loud and VERY raspy......although some people like it that way but I don't know of anyone off-hand who actually has that setup on their car up here. I had the LM before I put LT and true dual exhaust on.........it was pretty freakin loud without headers.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Like I said, with long tube headers it is supposed to be very loud and VERY raspy......although some people like it that way but I don't know of anyone off-hand who actually has that setup on their car up here. I had the LM before I put LT and true dual exhaust on.........it was pretty freakin loud without headers.
i would run it cause i like to sound mostly cause it's really loud
Old 04-11-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Maybe you should buy & install one so we can all hear it then?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Maybe you should buy & install one so we can all hear it then?
if i only had the money and not trying to buy the LS7 cluutch
Old 04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Well I was talking to my friend Bobby And He was saying it would be very sick Here is his car its so HE has done all his work and every thing I think HE was dynode At around 700 hp + in Fort Collins CO ware I’m From But HE said It would be very loud and would sound very nice with the hooker headers Last night I think I decided But im going to try to find some examples of it and see if I like it
Here our some pics of his car at horsetooth resivor

This is his myspace If you want to look at more pics I have seen this car race and kill anything it sees I have never seen him open it up all the way since he added stuff Juiced
Old 04-12-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Veteran

You can go to LS1Sounds and look for cars with long tube headers and the loudmouth. There are sound clips of the exhausts with various different mods. Stock, headers, cams, etc. Should at least give you an idea of what it will sound like. There are also pretty much every other combo of exhaust/header setups on that site as well so enjoy.

I can tell you that little .wav clips don't sound exactly perfect, especially through lame computer speakers (unless you have some bad *** speaker setup) but it is at least an idea of how things sound.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not sure why any of you even use Exhaust after the headers?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
That's just what I need, because my car is not loud enough.

To the guy who started the thread: I have Pacesetter headers, Texas Speed Y-pipe with cats, and a Texas Speed Rumbler catback. And it is kinda loud... just kinda.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
That's just what I need, because my car is not loud enough.

To the guy who started the thread: I have Pacesetter headers, Texas Speed Y-pipe with cats, and a Texas Speed Rumbler catback. And it is kinda loud... just kinda.

Yeah it is just kind of ear splitting loud even as he is going through the trapps 1/2 mile away

Quick Reply: What Kind of exhaust should i get