Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Traded in the Blazer this weekend.... :)

Old 04-30-2006, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Traded in the Blazer this weekend.... :)

Told myself I'd sell or trade the ol 89' K5 (daily driver) if gas prices ever got to $3/gal. It was a great truck and I'll miss it, but the time came to get something more economical and being the Z28 is still on jackstands, something had to be done lol... Anyway, enough rambling, I picked up a 2002 VW GTI w/ the VR6 and a 6sp trans. It's black with black leather interior, loaded with heated seats, power sunroof etc.., and only 25k miles on the clock. It's claimed to get 31mpg on the highway but from everything I've read, it's closer to 26-27mpg which is a far cry from the 11-13mpg I was getting with the blue beast. Figure I'm saving close to 100/month on gas alone, and that's IF the gas prices don't go higher than 3/gal. lol...

Anyway, it's no GTO which is what I really wanted, but I just couldn't swing that kind of payment at the moment. But, it's a very sporty dd and at a stock 200hp with the 6sp,,,,, it'll kick the **** out of 99% of the Honduh's out there.

I'll try to get some pics up later.

So,,,,, anyone else trading in there SUV's lately hahaha.. The salesman I bought the car from told me that KBB just anounced that there is about to be a record number of SUV's hitting the market this month, therefore the values of them are about to plummet like a boat anchor. Your $30k dollar Tahoe just sank to $18k this month (estimate). The new KBB values are supposed to hit within two weeks but the dealers got the heads up so don't expect much of a trade-in value. Mine def. wasn't what I'd hoped for because of it.

Mike
Old 04-30-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sory u had to get rid of yours but I am (sorta) glad to hear some of this news as I want a Tahoe and would LOVE to see prices come down a lot!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Sory u had to get rid of yours but I am (sorta) glad to hear some of this news as I want a Tahoe and would LOVE to see prices come down a lot!!!
Don't check the Eastside - those soccer mom's have the mentality of "you won't get my SUV until you pry it from my cold, dead, fingers!"

Mikey,
Da Blue Bomb served its purpose, too bad its gone but at least you replaced it with something decent
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm there with ya man. We bought an 05 Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 last year to haul my K5 offroad truck to the trails. I sold the K5 a few months later and now really don't have the need for the truck. We are trading it in next week I think for a car...Mazda 3. I'll make out ok on the truck since we bought it when they were doing all the employee pricing discounts. I still have my 89 suburban to haul the car to and from the track though
Old 04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
LOL,,, ya those Tahoes are sweet as hell. One of my friends bought an 05' last year with the employee disount thing. Even with that, he'll be paying negative equity for the next 2.5 - 3 years unless something drastic happens to stop the gas prices from rising (unlikely).

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Mikey,
Da Blue Bomb served its purpose, too bad its gone but at least you replaced it with something decent
Thanks Amy. Ya, I'll miss that truck until I have to fill the tank in the lil' German car. Filling a 28 gal tank (K5) at $3/gal every 12-14 days isn't my idea of a good way to spend $$ lol....

Originally Posted by 80superbu
I'll make out ok on the truck since we bought it when they were doing all the employee pricing discounts.
I wouldn't hold your breath about doing ok on the trade in. From what that salesmen was saying, theres going to be some hurtin' people out there when the dealers are turning away people trying to trade in there SUV. There's only so many of those that the lot's can surplus at any given time, and if nobody is buying them??? Trucks are a bit different though I guess. At least they can be used for something more than making music videos or hauling kids to soccer games haha.

Here's a couple quick pics I took a bit ago. It desperately needs to be lowered to get rid of those huge wheel well gaps haha................

Mike

Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice looking car! And it still has some haul capacity, the Vibe has been rock solid in that department as well and hitting 31mpg in commute traffic. We made a good call on that one two years ago (whew!). You are going to like how infrequently you need to fill up and it looks a bit more comfortable (just a tad of course)

And DUH!!!!!!!! I NEEDED A FRICKIN REMINDER FROM YA!
sheesh
there is too much goin on round here to keep track so you should have sent me a bitch email
Old 04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all right, its nothing compared to Big blu....
Old 04-30-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Right now all you're seeing is simple supply and demand. No offense to anyone, but unless you're actually thinking LONG term, you're far better to keep your SUV. The excess fuel is a MINIMAL expense in comparison to the low market for large SUVs (Burbs, Tahoes, Expeditions, etc), along with the extreme demand (also creating higher then normal values) for fuel efficient vehicles (Imports especially). By the time you Trade-In Low, Buy High, Dealer Profit, any additional taxes, how much have you REALLY saved? (Probably alot less then you think.

I say this with an open mind since I don't believe any of you are in the market to buy a car in my area from my dealership. Just some friendly advice.....

As stated above though, if you've been thinking about a full size SUV, 30 days from now, WILL BE THE TIME.

All that said, congrats on the GTI. The cool pocket rocket looks like a nice upgrade.

Last edited by KTamez; 04-30-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KTamez
Right now all you're seeing is simple supply and demand. No offense to anyone, but unless you're actually thinking LONG term, you're far better to keep your SUV. The excess fuel is a MINIMAL expense in comparison to the low market for large SUVs (Burbs, Tahoes, Expeditions, etc), along with the extreme demand (also creating higher then normal values) for fuel efficient vehicles (Imports especially). By the time you Trade-In Low, Buy High, Dealer Profit, any additional taxes, how much have you REALLY saved? (Probably alot less then you think.

I say this with an open mind since I don't believe any of you are in the market to buy a car in my area from my dealership. Just some friendly advice.....

As stated above though, if you've been thinking about a full size SUV, 30 days from now, WILL BE THE TIME.

All that said, congrats on the GTI. The cool pocket rocket looks like a nice upgrade.
LOL Yep I think Mike just wanted a new car you can buy alot of gas for the differences in the price of the Blze and the GTI. But after driving it I can't blame him, its alot of fun.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

I agree Kurtis, and I feel sorry for the poor folks that take a soaking because they can't see past their next months car payment or gas fill-up. My situation was a bit different being my truck was only worth a minimal $ amount compared to a newer Tahoe etc... The difference I'll save in gas in the next 12 months is essentially what I'll make up for in the bad trade-in amount as opposed to trying to sell it outright.

OK Ok,,,, I just wanted a newer car lol.... BUSTED.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
OK Ok,,,, I just wanted a newer car lol.... BUSTED.
You are up late...have a new car... and laughing.

What is wrong with this picture?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Launching!

Nice car. Black on black FTW!

I am going to sell my '04 Silverado here pretty soon. Not completely because of gas prices, but because I would like a more practical family car. We are going to get an S4 for the family car and I am going to buy an early 90s GMC or SS454 for doing "truck stuff". Know anybody that wants a BAD *** black on black leather Silverado? It's the Johnny Cash truck!

Old 05-01-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

Nice Mikey. We dumped the Jeep Liberty this weekend also. But it doesn't fit in the demographic. It is a small SUV with a diesel that got around 20 mpg. But we were sick and tired of all the other problems (yes we had several more this past week). So now we own 2 crew cab chevy's with the D'max
Old 05-01-2006, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Nice Mikey. We dumped the Jeep Liberty this weekend also. But it doesn't fit in the demographic. It is a small SUV with a diesel that got around 20 mpg. But we were sick and tired of all the other problems (yes we had several more this past week). So now we own 2 crew cab chevy's with the D'max
Cool dude. Saw that one coming lol... You're running out of driveway space lol..... I'll have to swing by next week after I get back from Montana and we can check out each others new rides. I'm leaving this Tuesday and it seems I have a hundred things to get done before I leave. I did take the bike out on Friday night for about an hour ride. Runs good man.

Mike
Old 05-01-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Great. Then I assume you got your helmet. Yes this weekend was interesting since I also had my bosses truck. I had 3 crew cab chevy diesels in the driveway this weekend. Have a safe trip home and we will see ya when ya get back.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Dude, that VW is sweeeeet.

30 days to buy an SUV eh? Hhmmm....

Old 05-28-2006, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Default traded mine in also

I traded my 95 GMC Full size this weekend, It sucked too, I only had 62,000 miles on it. With six inch lift and tons of aftermarket stuff on it, it was killing me at 8 and below miles per gallon. At 3 a gallon I was going broke, so I got a 02 Z28. Totally stock, as of now. But wanting to inhance the power outage a great deal so if any one has any ideas for the best first mod let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Traded in the Blazer this weekend.... :)-stuck-shit.jpg  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crazylane
... so I got a 02 Z28. Totally stock, as of now. But wanting to inhance the power outage a great deal so if any one has any ideas for the best first mod let me know.
Lid.

And nice to see someone has "unpimped the auto." I like the ride Mikey. Although 26 is about what I get out of the T/A on the highway right now.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Someone ressurected this post from the dead lol...

Thanks for the compliments. The VW is currently acquiring some parts to give it an attitude adjustment............

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded in the Blazer this weekend.... :)