Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Autocross this weekend

Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autocross this weekend

Well its time to get back on the horse and do some racing. I haven't done any racing in 2 1/2 years. So this sunday I'm heading to the Bremerton Airport to autocross the vette. My wife will be driving too. She likes autocross, but is too scared to drag race, so its something we can do together. Should be fun.

I'm planning to go out to a CCC too, but will most likely be running my pickup.

So does anyone else run in autocrosses? I know a few of you have done track days and open road racing....I would love to do that someday too, but haven't made the opportunity to go yet.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went to the autocross. both me and my wife drove and had a lot of fun. It had definatly been a long time since i had raced. there were tons of things that i had forgotten about.

my first run i got "lost" on the course. The other runs I got faster and faster. The last run I came in a little to fast and hit a few cones, so technically my 3rd run was the fastest.

I was the only regular corvette out there. There were about 10 z06s. I rode with a lady (her husband was running at the same time as I) in there HEAVILY modified z06. It was crazy fast!!!! My wife then rode with her husband, so now she knows what we're shooting for and what these cars are capable of (and why we NEED tires, shocks, swaybars, bla bla bla )

Comments about my car. Overall it felt really neutral and smooth through the corners. Compared to my formulal and T/A that I've autocrossed, its so much better.....doesn't push like a big fat pig The goodyear run flats get really greasy when they get hot, but that's what we'll be running on the rest of the year....so I guess I'll have to learn to run on them. The car can kick out the rear end on any corner if you want to.

My wife was having fun too. She was a few seconds slower than me, but I have a little more experience. Her last run would have been close to my best, but then she spun it around near the end of the course.

We both had big ol' smiles on our faces after riding with the couple in the z06.
Attached Thumbnails Autocross this weekend-dsc01538.jpg   Autocross this weekend-dsc01543.jpg   Autocross this weekend-dsc01542.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autocross this weekend