Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Need injector help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need injector help!!!!

here is the link I posted in the injectors section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...16#post5202016

I have the 26.6lbs injectors just sitting in the engine bay awaiting whether or not I should swap them for the 28.8lbs or not!!

What do you guys think I should do???
Old 07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see why not... however, when you go up to a nitrous shot, I'd put bigger injectors in. My car has the 28.8 injectors, but when I get my nitrous kit installed, I'll also have 42lbs Racetronix injectors installed as well.

Since you are considering nitrous, you might want to look into getting those bigger injectors.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

More unexpected money to throw into the car .
Old 07-19-2006, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I don't see why not... however, when you go up to a nitrous shot, I'd put bigger injectors in. My car has the 28.8 injectors, but when I get my nitrous kit installed, I'll also have 42lbs Racetronix injectors installed as well.

Since you are considering nitrous, you might want to look into getting those bigger injectors.
I shouldn't NEED injectors since my nitrous kit is wet, I just figured since I already have them..........would it be a good idea and could I install them and be able to drive the car till I get a chance to get it tuned with the new injectors!!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah a wet kit... that is different. Might want to check your duty cycles on the spray though, just to be sure. I did read though that you should upgrade the fuel pump on a wet kit...

One of the reasons I went with a dry kit over a wet kit... dry kit = new injectors, wet kit = new fuel pump. Injectors are easier...

Of course, that's all to a certain point. Hit a big enough nitrous shot/hp level, and dry or wet, new injectors and a new fuel pump are needed.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Of course, that's all to a certain point. Hit a big enough nitrous shot/hp level, and dry or wet, new injectors and a new fuel pump are needed.
Took the words right out of my mouth...finger tips....whatever
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Took the words right out of my mouth...finger tips....whatever
Well, I finished the fuel pump upgrade yesterday........so that is another reason I am asking about this injector issue.

So no one know's whether I can drive safely on an injector swap like this???

Does anyone have anything that can flash my computer from 26.6lbs to 28.8lbs and can come over to my house??
Old 07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I shouldn't NEED injectors since my nitrous kit is wet, I just figured since I already have them..........would it be a good idea and could I install them and be able to drive the car till I get a chance to get it tuned with the new injectors!!
It's not good for the car to drive w/ bigger injectors than ur programmed for, but since it's a small difference I think you'll be ok.

Also, why'd you decided to go w/ the wet? It's a lot of risky, and last I checked you were on a stock bottom end. Dunno just becareful.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tru_ice
It's not good for the car to drive w/ bigger injectors than ur programmed for, but since it's a small difference I think you'll be ok.

Also, why'd you decided to go w/ the wet? It's a lot of risky, and last I checked you were on a stock bottom end. Dunno just becareful.
Its actually safe if you hook it up correctly. I got the window switch, FPSS and all the safety crap. I wanted a plate system because of its fit and finish not to mention that they supposedly hit hard! The kit I got is also upgradable to a 2nd stage if I get the urge or should I say forged bottom end.

The wet kit allowed me to just upgrade the fuel pump and be done with it, which will need to be changed out anyway when and if I get a stroker motor! So I figured the fuel pump should be upgraded now.......I finished that yesterday.

Oh, and Nitro Dave gave me a good deal on a kit!