Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

98 Convertible Z28

Old 08-21-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 98 Convertible Z28

So the story on the car is I bought it with 51k on it a few years ago for my wife. She always wanted a vert and was looking at Saabs I figured it'd be a phase but I was wrong bought her this and she loved it so I started fixing it up..... The car was not perfect when I bought it but ran well and looked good from a few feet. Nothing bad just small scratches and stuff but I'm a perfectionist and black is not a good color for that kind of person.

So what has been done to the car...

Exterior:

SS hood - real SS hood from Ryans old SS
Billet Stull grill
RK sport front spoiler
Probably will not have the headlights but we could talk about that. New black halos (no rain maybe 200 miles on them)

Bad- it’s a 8 year old black car, as such it is in good shape but not what I would call show. There is an imperfection in the paint on the door about 1.5 inches and some etching on the rear wing I'll try and get out.

Interior:

From an 02 WS6 with 3k miles in front end crash:

Black top including frame and headliner in excellent condition
Ebony sail panels
ebony carpet
Ebony seat belts

I was in the process of going to ebony so the seats and door panels are tan, I should have some ebony kick panels soon I paid for them but have not received them yet.
Has brand new SLP SS ebony floor mats for the vert
Macawen gagues silver with transan over lay (looks just like a transam with silver gauges)
Alpine CD with 8 inch powered sub and pioneer door speakers. Sound OK with the top up but really it’s a vert stereo is pretty secondary.

73k miles

Engine:

Right now it has edelbrock LT's with magnaflow metal cats basically new,
New NGks with MSD wires new
SlP LS6 egr intake new
LS6 valley cover conversion with LS6 PCV valve and tube
TSP clear lid
Airaid Filter
new Poly engine mounts
New Engine harness from GM

Tranny:

Low mile LS6 clutch and flyweel setup
Pro 5.0 shifter
new console insert from GM
New hurst shift ****

Suspension:

Bilstein front shocks with BMR springs MAYBE 1000 miles on them
rear used Bilstiens with the rubber hose mod done
TA rear end cover
Poly ta mount new

Think that’s about it I'm sure I'm missing something. Oh I have a set of BMR SFC's that are not installed that the car REALLY needs.

With everything listed and ZR1 wheels 11's or 9's in the back I'd probably let it go for 10,500. I will probably start parting some of the mods at some point and the price will drop accordingly. I'll try and get some better pictures later...

Bobby

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 Convertible Z28