Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Im Dumb

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Dumb

Im dumb, and cant remember my password for the life of me, and my Navy email is temporaily disabled since i am going to Naval Training Center, Great Lakes IL for a while. This will be my temporary login till I get back. Unless someone knows how to change it...
Chris

Last edited by Lunchbox01_chris; 10-11-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you are dumb...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about you being so dumb.........
Old 10-12-2006, 05:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Until you can retrieve your old password you are stuck with the new name.
There is no way to pull a password from the system - which is a good thing If I get time I'll try to look up your old name with post count to transfer over, just depends on how much time the week plays out.

If you want to go back to your old name and can get the password let me know - we'll need to delete the old usernames.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did the same things many moons ago. That's why my name is now Ackattack1 instead of Ackattack
Old 10-12-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

I have so many usernames and passwords anymore that I keep fearing I will forget them too. For example, I have a savings account in cyberspace somewhere that I can't access because I can't remember the password for the life of me. Sometimes these people get crazy with security.

Having spent a lot of time in the IT field and designing a lot of secure stuff I understand the whole "secure password" mentality. However, when they are YOUR passwords that YOU think up so you will remember them, you should be allowed to think up passwords that you will remember. When you have to think things up that are "at least 8 charactors long and include at least 1 number" then things start getting discombobulated in your mind. (Most people can't think up words with 8 letters in them).

I said all of that to say this: don't sell youself short. You are not dumb.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
Having spent a lot of time in the IT field and designing a lot of secure stuff I understand the whole "secure password" mentality. However, when they are YOUR passwords that YOU think up so you will remember them, you should be allowed to think up passwords that you will remember. When you have to think things up that are "at least 8 charactors long and include at least 1 number" then things start getting discombobulated in your mind. (Most people can't think up words with 8 letters in them).

John is the same way - since he is in the security field he tends to think up stuff he can never remember later and they tell you to not write this **** down! So how can you remember????????? I think there are a few accounts floating around that are never used because I don't know the password and my email account changes every frikin time my service company sells out or I sign up with someone else so I quit using them and keep the intial yahoo account - with a very simple and easy to remember password - to ask for new passwords.
Its lazy and insanely stupid to have to do that since I could care less who reads my email or any other account for that matter, none are that important.
A four digit pin would be easier like everything else and why do you think they kept it to FOUR. duh.

and howard, notice the non-use of 'pin number', haha
Old 10-12-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Until you can retrieve your old password you are stuck with the new name.
There is no way to pull a password from the system - which is a good thing If I get time I'll try to look up your old name with post count to transfer over, just depends on how much time the week plays out.

If you want to go back to your old name and can get the password let me know - we'll need to delete the old usernames.
A post count transfer would be fantastic. Then I wont feel like such a newby... again...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by howierd42
I have so many usernames and passwords anymore that I keep fearing I will forget them too. For example, I have a savings account in cyberspace somewhere that I can't access because I can't remember the password for the life of me. Sometimes these people get crazy with security.

The navy is the same way with passwords must have one number, a symbol, 9 characters long, one capital letter every 3rd letter, and on and on and on. Oh well i guess as long as I cant remember my password neither can hackers.

Quick Reply: Im Dumb