Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

LT1 Tuner in E. WA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Tuner in E. WA?

Hey guys! I'm coming home from Iraq in March and will have some new StainlessWorks headers/ORY installed by the time I get there...I need to know if there are any decent LT1 tuners in Eastern WA?? Anyone??

Thanks in advance!

Mike Parker
Navy Seabees (NMCB-18)
Fallujah, Iraq
Old 01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Whereabouts in Eastern WA? The reason I ask is because it might be worth the drive to this side of the mountains and meet up with Ellis (TwoFast4Lv) as he is pretty much a GOD when it comes to most any FI motor. He personally owns a couple fast LT1's and works on basically all the fast LSx motors around here as well. Just my $.02
Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Rott, thanks for the tip! I've read about Ellis and another gentleman over on that side that're both very good. I live in Pasco (Tri-Cities)...only 3 to 4 hours from pretty much anywhere over there.

My tuning should be pretty simple...I've got a Lingenfelter CAI, March underdrives, Borla cat-back...and then I'll have the headers and off-road Y, of course. Nothing spectacular...just enough to keep me in ESP for autocross. Using a Hypertech PP III right now and I've heard they're not that great?

Thanks again.

mike
Old 01-12-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

You are right the HPIII aren't the best. They are ok with mild mods. I would call tjwong and talk to him. I know mail order tunes aren't always the best, but I know he has done a few, just by knowing all the mods and everything about the engine. You may work something out with him to send you a tune so that you can atleast drive it over here and he could finish it then. Just something to think about.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I wouldn't expect much hp over the stock tune with only intake and exhaust.

Just FYI... might be better to wait until you're modified a bit more or need it (i.e. gears)... might be better to buy an Auto-tap and log some data instead.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks again, guys.

I do have 3.73 gears back there...does that make a difference in tuning?

Is there any real advantage to doing away with the emissions crap? Pasco doesn't have testing. I was going to get the Y without the fittings...unless it's an issue.

I appreciate the information!

Mike

Quick Reply: LT1 Tuner in E. WA?