Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ls1 Rocker arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 Rocker arms

Can anyone help with info on rocker arm adjustments when I install cam and rockers. Rockers are Cranecams full roller rockers. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Important
When using the valve train components again, always install the components to the original location and position.
Valve lash is net build, no valve adjustment is required.

Lubricate the valve rocker arms and pushrods with clean engine oil.
Lubricate the flange of the valve rocker arm bolts with clean engine oil. Lubricate the flange or washer surface of the bolt that will contact the valve rocker arm.
Install the valve rocker arm pivot support.

Important
Ensure that the pushrods seat properly to the valve lifter sockets.

Install the pushrods.

Important
Ensure that the pushrods seat properly to the ends of the rocker arms.
DO NOT tighten the rocker arm bolts at this time.

Install the rocker arms and bolts.

Rotate the crankshaft until number one piston is at top dead center of compression stroke. In this position, cylinder number one rocker arms will be off lobe lift, and the crankshaft sprocket key will be at the 1:30 position. If viewing from the rear of the engine, the additional crankshaft pilot hole, non-threaded, will be in the 10:30 position. The engine firing order is 1, 8, 7, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3. Cylinders 1, 3, 5 and 7 are left bank. Cylinders 2, 4, 6, and 8 are right bank.

Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

With the engine in the number one firing position, tighten the following valve rocker arm bolts: Tighten
Tighten exhaust valve rocker arm bolts 1, 2, 7, and 8 to 30 N·m (22 lb ft).
Tighten intake valve rocker arm bolts 1, 3, 4, and 5 to 30 N·m (22 lb ft).
Rotate the crankshaft 360 degrees.
Tighten the following valve rocker arm bolts: Tighten
Tighten exhaust valve rocker arm bolts 3, 4, 5, and 6 to 30 N·m (22 lb ft).
Tighten intake valve rocker arm bolts 2, 6, 7, and 8 to 30 N·m (22 lb ft).
Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Howto.com has some good wirte ups about this kind of stuff. I'm not familiar with the Cranes. Many of them are the same as stockers - torque to 22lbs. Some however require adjustment / lashing (like the Comp Pro Magnums). That is when you call Ellis.....
Old 02-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

The cranes will be like the pro mags, set to a pre load. The setting sequence should be the same as above but you'll need to set them at whatever the preload for these lifters is. .050" or something like that. A dial indicator, mag base and some other machininst tools will be required if you want to tackle it yourself.

If not, call Ellis at Speed Secrets.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Thaks for the help guys I have found Vince has a good write up on my rockers, the instructions that came with the rockers were hard for me to understand???? BTW they are adjustable rockers and it seems like it will be FUN completing this part of my project. NOT!

Quick Reply: Ls1 Rocker arms