Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Saw the Halo 3 trailer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saw the Halo 3 trailer...

I was at the Office 2007 product launch today and one of the speakers had bumper videos and he played a video I had not yet seen online for H3. All I can say is OMFG!

I don't remember if anyone in here was on that design team at MS or Bungie, but DAMN! It looks real.

Bruites were kicking Master Chief @$$. I can't wait for them to finally release this thing.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Launching!

it will be a bad *** game. The graphics from what I have seen look sweet. It should be a blast to play wheni t comes out. The 360 has some great games to play and they all look bad ***.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a manager in the merchandising group for the Entertainment and Devices division at Microsoft, so I'll be part of the product launch for H3... so I know people who are involved with development. It will be FAR AND AWAY the best game the 360, or any system, has to offer.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tranzor
I'm a manager in the merchandising group for the Entertainment and Devices division at Microsoft, so I'll be part of the product launch for H3... so I know people who are involved with development. It will be FAR AND AWAY the best game the 360, or any system, has to offer.
So its YOU bastards that release the videos a year early... and tell us to wait until November!?

I remember my brother showing me the trailer with MC laying down as a boy talking and it showing his helmet and the bomb landing. I said "cool it will be out first part of next year." He looked at me and said "Next year yes, first part no, fourth quarter..."

Sure it will be worth the wait though!

So you have any info you could share on the Halo RTS coming out soon also?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

I'm so glad that I picked up a copy of Crackdown with the Halo 3 beta. Now I just have to pray they put me on that after Forza.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

The video was a couple of MCs in a Warthog calling for a fallen blue team member. It cut to another MC being beat to death and then you saw a Brute standing over him and run him through with a Covenant energy sword. The camera pulls back and you see about a dozen more brutes "de-cloak" behind him (kind of like Predator) and a bunch of covenant ships rise from the horizon. Then you see a bunch of Master Chiefs overlooking a clif and say something to the effect of, "if it's a fight they want then that's what we'll give them." End of clip.

The graphics were so absolutely unreal you thought you were watching a live action scene, not a computer generated video game.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
The video was a couple of MCs in a Warthog calling for a fallen blue team member. It cut to another MC being beat to death and then you saw a Brute standing over him and run him through with a Covenant energy sword. The camera pulls back and you see about a dozen more brutes "de-cloak" behind him (kind of like Predator) and a bunch of covenant ships rise from the horizon. Then you see a bunch of Master Chiefs overlooking a clif and say something to the effect of, "if it's a fight they want then that's what we'll give them." End of clip.

The graphics were so absolutely unreal you thought you were watching a live action scene, not a computer generated video game.
That was Halo Wars, not Halo 3. My understanding is it takes place before the current Halo series. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Master Chief is the last 'Spartan' around, unless you play on co-op that is!

Vids in games get more realistic everytime I see them anymore, I like to watch the cinematics that Blizzard does in their games, especially the Diablo series.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah that was Halo Wars and it was the covenant decloaking not the brutes http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/6A7...owarsx06Hi.asx

in halo 3 it's going to be the covenant/humans against the brutes

here are some halo 3 trailers http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/
Old 02-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Teching In

All I know is that I will probably be one of the top H2 players here for Xbox Live, We should start an LS1tech HAlo 2 Tourny online. To see who the top man is in H2 for Ls1Tech....lol it would be fun.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

count amanda (iceangel777) and i in. my gamertag is the same as here.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I was talking to Boyce tonight and he corrected me. It was a vid for Halo Wars. Sorry.

As for who's the best, we'll have to see
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Well, of course I'm the best. And if Tranzor tries to say different, don't believe, hes just insecure.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Well, of course I'm the best. And if Tranzor tries to say different, don't believe, hes just insecure.
All I have to do is run the Query Spree numbers and you'll see just how much better I am than you.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

All I have to do is run the Query Spree numbers and you'll see just how much better I am than you.
Oh look, coming in with your fancy shmancy computer speak. You Micro-whatsits acting all high and mighty make me sick.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

Add us to live we're on all the time either in Halo 2, NFS: Carbon, or GOW
Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Oh look, coming in with your fancy shmancy computer speak. You Micro-whatsits acting all high and mighty make me sick.
Umm... Query Spree is a stat-keeping service for Halo 2. It's on the web... you can download all stats from all the games you've ever played, and compare it against all the gamertags you've played against or played on the same team with.

Nothing to do with "Micro-whatsits"... don't make me stick you in a game and then give you the "Ohhhhh... you're dead, Jeu!" while dipping my potato sack on you.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Umm... Query Spree is a stat-keeping service for Halo 2. It's on the web... you can download all stats from all the games you've ever played, and compare it against all the gamertags you've played against or played on the same team with.

Nothing to do with "Micro-whatsits"... don't make me stick you in a game and then give you the "Ohhhhh... you're dead, Jeu!" while dipping my potato sack on you.
Potato Sack? Don't you mean your Tabacco pouch? (Hint their really small...) Plus, last time we faced each other, didn't I kill you?