Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

This snow ain't working out too well...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This snow ain't working out too well...

Why is it snowing enough to now blanket everything white?!!!!!!!!

We are in the middle of remodeling the bathrooms and don't need this cold of weather PLUS navigating idiots to head to hardware stores for more parts.

Huge flakes, coming down pretty thick = idiot drivers
Old 02-28-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

It's still winter! I've seen it snow into mid-march before. We've got 2"+ here and it's still just coming right down with that big stuff..

Guess I'll have to watch the noon news and see when this stuff is supposed to melt off and go away...
Old 02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Spokane we got a inch or two overnight, now by noon 90% of it is melted away.

Did the same crap yesterday. Hopefully Wahusker isn't caught in some snow with his TA, I told the wife yesterday if I were him I would rent a U-haul to take it to the show!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Winter Stinks
Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rawr256
In Spokane we got a inch or two overnight, now by noon 90% of it is melted away.

Did the same crap yesterday. Hopefully Wahusker isn't caught in some snow with his TA, I told the wife yesterday if I were him I would rent a U-haul to take it to the show!
I agree, he needs a covered trailer right about now...or at the very least, a good car cover..

And yes, Winter does Suck..
Old 02-28-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

THIS SNOW SUCKS THE BIG GREEEN DONKEY.....well, you get the picture!

I have a trailer. And a car cover. But towing it for 50 miles with a cover on it would probably do much more damage than the snow. Ellis needs to buy that enclosed trailer so I can borrow it....TONIGHT!

Three stinkin weeks I've been cleaning this car.....
Old 02-28-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you guys see the wreck on the pass? man that was sucky.

it was white here this morning & snowed pretty good through out the day (off & on about every 5 seconds it will warm up stop snowing then go back to cold & snowing again) & then this afternoon it stopped snowing & warmed up, now we have no snow on the ground.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

We've got about 3" on the ground and it's still snowing out here in Monroe/Sultan..but then we are on a mountain near Stevens Pass...

I wish I did have a Box Trailer for you Mark...Do you have to have your car there tonight? Maybe you could get a U-haul box trailer..do they have those? The only person I know with a Box Trailer is Dan (Northwest Differentials) and with all this snow I don't know if you could get up to his house to get it, or even if it is empty or in use right now..
Old 02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh man I drove the North bend route this morning and the cars were FLYING right off the road and it wasnt even 06:00 am yet AND I am just starting the kitchen, EUUUUU, although now im back to spending more time on the site!! whatever you do do not go over to the corvette performance "thread" I just want to apologize for those ******** in advance the thread is ,......."whats up with corvette owners?" Im all alone over there but I using my brief encounter with some of the best car guys I know to try to make a point I think IM TALKING TO A WALL over there.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vetred
Oh man I drove the North bend route this morning and the cars were FLYING right off the road and it wasnt even 06:00 am yet AND I am just starting the kitchen, EUUUUU, although now im back to spending more time on the site!! whatever you do do not go over to the corvette performance "thread" I just want to apologize for those ******** in advance the thread is ,......."whats up with corvette owners?" Im all alone over there but I using my brief encounter with some of the best car guys I know to try to make a point I think IM TALKING TO A WALL over there.
lol The vette clubs are the ones I have had the onces I Have to had to deal with are not worth my time to even join.So I will stay with the Camaro clubs lol
Old 02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

First snow, now vette owners.....ahem, sorry Don, Bill, Eric, Jon, Robert, Perry.....

I thought about calling Danny Steph, but he's already doing me too many favors. If it doesn't quit tomorrow morning like they say it's going to, I'll just have to clean the car again when I get down there. All part of the game. BTW we got 3" earlier & it's snowing again.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
First snow, now vette owners.....ahem, sorry Don, Bill, Eric, Jon, Robert, Perry.....

I thought about calling Danny Steph, but he's already doing me too many favors. If it doesn't quit tomorrow morning like they say it's going to, I'll just have to clean the car again when I get down there. All part of the game. BTW we got 3" earlier & it's snowing again.
hey what about me mark????????
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Launching!

up here in arlington we got 2-3in aswell. I am so happy I bought my truck a few weeks ago. that is the prob. with washington drives is that it dont snow enough to know how to drive in the snow. they all freak out. All u have to do is drive smart!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

just south of lake Stevens and it is still coming down, we are over 8" so far. Gotta love the convergance zone. Kids and the dog out playing tonight.

Last edited by Stonev10; 02-28-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 02-28-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Yup, we're pushing 5+ inches here now..maybe more...and still coming right down... I love it for a day or two then it can go away....
Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

F#$% the snow. I never moved back to Idaho after the army cause I hate the damn snow. god hates me. ~Guy
Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

My hill is a parking lot of cars right now. Morons in 4x4s think they can fly right up. News flash: if all four tires are on ice, you are not going anywhere! The Jeeps and Hummers are my favorites to see getting sideways on the hill for reasons that should be obvious.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 AM
TECH Veteran

4" so far after it melted off and snowed again, wonder if it will rain off tomorrow? I need to get a toilet for the spare bath though we did put it in the front in the snow.
I need to get a picture of it if we can roll a snowman sitting on it
Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
4" so far after it melted off and snowed again, wonder if it will rain off tomorrow? I need to get a toilet for the spare bath though we did put it in the front in the snow.
I need to get a picture of it if we can roll a snowman sitting on it
6 or 7" here.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything we get all melts away in Spokane. Yesterday we thought it would stick but it never did, by noon it was all melted. Today we had a little skiff of snow but I am sure the same thing will happen again and it will all melt away by noon again. Hope the pass is good Saturday when I make the trip over for the show. Told the wife we are leaving about 5:30 just to make sure we have plenty of time to get over the pass, and hopefully wont have any problems with the all seasons on the Grand Prix, she asked if we wanted to take the Probe because it has the studs and I told her she could drive without the Cruise for the 4+ hours! She changed her mind pretty quick.

Quick Reply: This snow ain't working out too well...