Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Pet food recall... FYI

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pet food recall... FYI

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/17/pet....ap/index.html

Proctor & Gamble announced Friday the recall of specific 3 oz., 5.5 oz., 6 oz. and 13.2 oz. canned and 3 oz. and 5.3 oz. foil pouch cat and dog wet food products made by Menu Foods but sold under the Iams and Eukanuba brands. The recalled products bear the code dates of 6339 through 7073 followed by the plant code 4197, P&G said.

Recalled cat foods
Americas Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Best Choice; Companion; Compliments; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat, Shep Dog; Food Lion; Foodtown; Giant Companion; Good n Meaty; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Li'l Red; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Nutriplan; Nutro Max Gourmet Classics; Nutro Natural Choice; Paws; Presidents Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Sophistacat; Special Kitty; Springfield Pride; Sprout; Total Pet; My True Friend; Wegmans; Western Family; White Rose; and Winn Dixie.

Recalled dog foods
America's Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Award; Best Choice; Big Bet; Big Red; Bloom; Bruiser; Cadillac; Companion; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat; Shep Dog; Food Lion; Giant Companion; Great Choice; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Mixables; Nutriplan; Nutro Max; Nutro Natural Choice; Nutro; Ol'Roy; Paws; Pet Essentials; Pet Pride; President's Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Publix; Roche Bros; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Springsfield Pride; Sprout; Stater Bros; Total Pet; My True Friend; Western Family; White Rose; Winn Dixie and Your Pet.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't buy any of those so it doesn't explain why the cats still barf right next to the bed...
Old 03-17-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

That freaked me out this morning when I saw it on the news, then I saw the article and it said it was the canned and wet food only. I wonder what the difference is?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was happy to find out it only "wet" type food that has the problem since my animals get dry only. I hope none of you are affected. I expect to see many lawsuits sprouting out of this.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

After reading the article I knew our pets were safe. The cats get canned sometimes but don't like the 'chunks in sauce' and won't eat anthing but Friskies. Dogs only get dry Beneful.

It sucks but my guess is there was too much ash in the food, primary reason for kidney failure in cats and really dull coats in dogs.

Quick Reply: Pet food recall... FYI