Old 04-03-2007, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No NASCAR at B-town

From KIRO TV

Developers Drop Proposal For NASCAR Track Near Bremerton

POSTED: 5:03 pm PDT April 2, 2007
UPDATED: 5:24 pm PDT April 2, 2007

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Sponsors of a proposed $368 million NASCAR racetrack near Bremerton, Wash., abandoned their efforts Monday after encountering stiff opposition from local officials and resistance at the state Legislature.

Great Western Sports, a subsidiary of International Speedway Corp., announced the decision to drop the plan for the motorsports venue in Kitsap County, across Puget Sound from the Seattle metropolitan area.

ISC spokesman Lenny Santiago said his group hasn't taken Washington state completely off the table but could not see a way to proceed this year.

"We still think Washington state is a significant opportunity for our company," Santiago said.

He would not say whether officials would consider another location such as Lewis County or other Pacific Northwest locations.

Developers had touted the racetrack as a $4 billion boon to the state's economy, including thousands of jobs. But legislation to help finance the track has gone nowhere.

Great Western President Grant Lynch said in a statement that too many changes were being proposed.

"These additional changes to the legislation were unacceptable and would have had a significant negative impact on our financial model for the speedway development," he said. "Therefore, we have decided to no longer pursue the speedway development at the current location."

He said the region has legions of staunch motorsports fans and added, "As a company, we still believe the Northwest represents a significant opportunity for a speedway development and we remain interested in the region."
Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

I dont think we are going to get a nascar track at all. This state is so freakin stupid!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously, I think we need to get Tim Iman (sp) on the phone and get the ball rolling on an initiative to build a track. I think we could get enough signers. What do you guys think. If the bull **** bureaucrats that stole their respective elections think that they can take our track from us, then I say we bypass them and go straight to the people. If people really knew how much this would strengthen our economy, then they would almost certainly vote yes. I mean, we are already spending millions on roads for the winter Olympics, and that's just a once in a lifetime thing. The pundits all keep saying that traffic is the biggest stumbling block, yet, we're already upgrading I-5. I really think if we tried we could pull it off. Get the entire NW racing community on it. Let the WHOLE state vote, not just the libs in Olympia.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why are people so opposed to this? OMG, one weekend out of the year the traffic is going to suck just a little but more, but millions of dollars will roll into the state/city/business owner's coffers. Retards, all of them.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Freaking bastages, screwing this up makes no sense what so ever.
Robert
Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah the noise and traffic will be crazy for one weekend a year and somehow that spells the end of the world. Freaking granola chucking hippies.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

******* idiots. I don't even want to get started. The guys I work with are like that, oh god the traffic oh and **** the taxes.
******* Washington ******* State...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Hello.... Tulaip Indian Tribe, Can you hear us????
Old 04-04-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Hello.... Tulaip Indian Tribe, Can you hear us????
About the only people who could do it and tell that bitch(Christain) to go swallow her own dick!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

I have been hearing rumors for years that they were going to build it. But the land they had slated for it had a bunch of people bitching about the noise. Now I heard that PR might be building a 1 1/2 mile oval along with a 1/2 mile dirt oval and a 3 1/2 mile road course. Is that true, because if it is, theres the spot to build it.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll take it. The proposed site was 7 miles from my house.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
About the only people who could do it and tell that bitch(Christain) to go swallow her own dick!
I ******* love it.
Put it out on the Reservation, Gambling, booze, and cars. All it would need to be my Eden is a very very good Nudity bar!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not much of a Nascar fan but I definately would love to have a first class facility here. Too bad WA doesn't want facilities like this here...

Quick Reply: No NASCAR at B-town