Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I'm sick of UPS/Fed-Ex

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I'm sick of UPS/Fed-Ex

[rant on]

Lately I've been having problems getting stuff delivered to me and its been a big pain.

First, we recently moved to a brand new house, so packages weren't getting delivered because our address wasn't in their computer system or the driver couldn't find the house.....it's WAY down this mile long driveway...but still (other drivers were able to find it no problem)

Then lately I've been getting packages that require a signature.

The first one was a new stereo reciever (some of this may be the company who I bought it from's fault) but first the company said that they couldn't deliver it to my wife's work because of some credit card BS. So I have them send it to my house, and told them not to require a signature....what do they do...send it to my house with a sig. required....well guess what...my wife and I both work and we're not there to sign for things. I call fed-ex to change the shipping address to my wife's office, they can't do that. I tell them to not require the signature, they can't do that. So I have to call the company back and tell them to call Fed-Ex to remove the signature. So finally I get the reciever.

Then I had to pick up my HP Tuner package from UPS cause they couldn't find my house.

Now, today, I'm supposed to get my new clutch. Well guess what...it requires a signature. Fed Ex can't change the ship to address because it's with some private contractor bla bla bla. Then I can't just go pick it up at their office tonight cause they can't get ahold of the driver bla bla bla and they won't just leave it there. I'm going back to KS until next Saturday and Fed-ex is "supposed" to keep it at thier office for me until I get back......I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to get sent back to SDPC where I bought it from.

When I go pick it up from them, apparently they have some form to fill out waiving the signature requirement for good. Hopefully that will solve the signature issue.

My big complaint is that these companies are delivery companies and seem to make it awfully difficult to get you your stuff. Why can't they just leave my crap at the door if I tell them to!

ok...[/rant off]
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
[rant on]

Lately I've been having problems getting stuff delivered to me and its been a big pain.

First, we recently moved to a brand new house, so packages weren't getting delivered because our address wasn't in their computer system or the driver couldn't find the house.....it's WAY down this mile long driveway...but still (other drivers were able to find it no problem)

Then lately I've been getting packages that require a signature.

The first one was a new stereo reciever (some of this may be the company who I bought it from's fault) but first the company said that they couldn't deliver it to my wife's work because of some credit card BS. So I have them send it to my house, and told them not to require a signature....what do they do...send it to my house with a sig. required....well guess what...my wife and I both work and we're not there to sign for things. I call fed-ex to change the shipping address to my wife's office, they can't do that. I tell them to not require the signature, they can't do that. So I have to call the company back and tell them to call Fed-Ex to remove the signature. So finally I get the reciever.

Then I had to pick up my HP Tuner package from UPS cause they couldn't find my house.

Now, today, I'm supposed to get my new clutch. Well guess what...it requires a signature. Fed Ex can't change the ship to address because it's with some private contractor bla bla bla. Then I can't just go pick it up at their office tonight cause they can't get ahold of the driver bla bla bla and they won't just leave it there. I'm going back to KS until next Saturday and Fed-ex is "supposed" to keep it at thier office for me until I get back......I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to get sent back to SDPC where I bought it from.

When I go pick it up from them, apparently they have some form to fill out waiving the signature requirement for good. Hopefully that will solve the signature issue.

My big complaint is that these companies are delivery companies and seem to make it awfully difficult to get you your stuff. Why can't they just leave my crap at the door if I tell them to!

ok...[/rant off]
Part of it has to do with if they do leave it on the door and it turns up missing they are responsible for it, regardless what you tell them.

We rarely have problems with them at work, but I think when it comes to residential stuff they say screw it. Once when helping our driver at work unload he had a residential package that was on his truck three times because they never sorted it right. He also hates to deliver to residential and he said when it would get close to the day being over most times he would just mark it "undeliverable, house cannot be found..."
Old 04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

fed ex put (well, threw) my headers over the fence into the backyard. they said its sign on delivery, but oh well.

another thing was they sat back there for 2 days without me knowing they were back there.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

It is the company that notes "signature required", not the shipping company per se. If you live in the Rainer Valley then its a given to get a signature, but outlying areas usually do not require a sig unless the company shipping checks that box before it goes out.
You also cannot change the shipping address, the company can that you ordered from even if its on its way. Next time call them (like SPDC) and let them know what the problem is so they can do a re-route *before* it goes back to them.

Give it a shot, you may have it just left at the house.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

I had UPS not deliver my leather jacket that had to go back for repairs (a week after they just delivered another package to my door) because they said I was dead.

no joke.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by howierd42
I had UPS not deliver my leather jacket that had to go back for repairs (a week after they just delivered another package to my door) because they said I was dead.

no joke.
that's kinda funny

well the driver left a note on my door and I was able to meet him in town and get my stuff. I also told him that any other packages that require a signature, he can just leave. He said that was cool with him. Seemed like a nice guy.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Conversion master

UPS dropped off a box yesterday for me and left it by the front door out in the rain. It was a camera charger and a couple of batteries. Luckily they were wrapped in plastic, but come on! Why would you leave a cardboard box outside in the rain??
Old 04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
fed ex put (well, threw) my headers over the fence into the backyard. they said its sign on delivery, but oh well.

another thing was they sat back there for 2 days without me knowing they were back there.
Must have owned a Mustang and recognized the headers from the track or something.

Originally Posted by 70 LS1
UPS dropped off a box yesterday for me and left it by the front door out in the rain. It was a camera charger and a couple of batteries. Luckily they were wrapped in plastic, but come on! Why would you leave a cardboard box outside in the rain??
Leave the door open with a note and tell them to take it in on the table for you!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Well we have had our bad luck with UPS too. One day they delivered just fine, less than a week later they returned not 1 but 3 packages and said they could not find the address and it was not a correct address. Now this week I was expecting a compete rotating assembly and my wife is not working, so she knew it was coming, and the stupid UPS driver drops it at the front door and leaves never ringing the door bell. My wife heard him drop it, and by the time she got to the front door he was in his truck and leaving again never ringing the doorbell. She called UPS to complain, and they told her that if a signature is not required, they are not required to ring the doorbell or notify you that it is there. That to me is a bunch of BS. All delivery companies including the US mail can eat **** and die. Don't get me started on regular snail mail (not delivering my bills). {rant off}
Old 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 70 LS1

he probably got fedup after finally finding your house in the boonies Jeff, hahaha
Old 04-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Conversion master

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
he probably got fedup after finally finding your house in the boonies Jeff, hahaha

Ha ha ha Its not that hard to find.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

I get UPS delivering stuff to me all the time without ringing the bell. They just drop it off and leave. I've also had them leave stuff in the rain, but they always wrap it up in a plastic bag.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Most of it has to do with the driver. I have a UPS driver which is a car buff, and he always takes care of me. He will put in on the back patio if I don't answer the door. But Fedex, they usually will leave a note saying this is the second attempt (which is not true, it's the first attmept), and I have to go pick it up at there terminal. A few times I had to do go to the UPS terminal when the regular driver is on vacation, and I didn't want to wait because it was a Friday, and I wanted to parts for the weekend.
If you want to have parts delivered to your work address, then you can have your credit card company add your work address onto your account. That way, you can purchase stuff and use that address. The shipping address has to be on the credit cards account because of all of the credit card fraud. You can thank all of the low life thieves for making our lives more difficult.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

i had the same problem with fedex. they gave me a form to fill out saying that i never want to sign and to just leave packages at the door all the time. the following week, i had a notice to come get a package again. i went there and told them i just filled out a form saying i want packages left so i don't have to pick anything up. but they said when the sender requests a signature, that trumps your request to not sign. wtf is the form for, right? i have no idea.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

The drivers have to foot the bill for missing packages.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't thik they have to pay for missing packages. From what I understand, if no insurance is purchased and it gets lost or damaged then it's the owner's loss. If insurance is purchased, the carrier, UPeX or FedUp, pays for the items. Not the deliverer.

Anyways, I love the fact that they require a signature. I live on a busy street where there are a lot of pedestrians walking and ****. Just picture Seinfeld's crib. Anyways, I purchased a few games from eBay one time and they just left the items there on the street!!! Anyone could of just picked it up and walked away! It's different if you live in a secluded area, like you guys but I'd rather not have the deliverer just leave it there!

If my English doesn't make sense, bear with me. Its 2:08 in the morning and tired as . . . .
Old 04-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Teching In

i worked for fed ex as a driver. if it goes missing after the driver leaves it at the door, they get to pay for it.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Doesn't fedex contract out some of their work though? I remember talking to one of our drivers that would pick up here and he commented he has to deliver on the route mon - fri, if he needs a day off he has to get someone he can trust to cover it for him without messing theirs up.

Think Fedex is run differently than UPS.

Quick Reply: I'm sick of UPS/Fed-Ex