Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Just hooked up my WBC record function and..........

Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just hooked up my WBC record function and..........

it won't record. I can hook up the laptop and get readings, but when I flip the record function there isn't any file saved to download. Any Ideas on where it saves files, and what I may be doing wrong.

Does anyone use the WBC (wideband commander)?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

I figured out how to log, but can't get any RPM to show. I have the orange RPM wire hooked up to the tach wire.

I'm wondering if I need to hook up the grey data 1 wire to the tach wire. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

I may have to call dynojet's tech support.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea setting these up can be tricky. i know i still have some glitches with my LM1.
Robert
Old 04-08-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

How did you finally set this up? I have mine set up with the same issue right now. No matter what RPM divider or sensitively setting I use I can't get it to show any tach.

My harlan shift light is tapped into the same exact spot and works like a charm (white tach wire in the passenger kick panel on F-bodies... Wire D in blue connector 230 I belive).

I tapped the TPS and MAP sensors the exact same way just outside the PCM (PCM GREY connector, C3, on LT1's... wires 22 and 23) and they work great. With crimped butt-splice connectors with solder and heat shrink I'm not sure what's the problem. The connections are great, and the wire is correct.

I'm wondering if GM doesn't use a "12v square wave to ground" signal for the tach (is it possible GM uses 1v or 5v to the tach? variable resistance 0-5v instead?).

Someone mentioned the need for a $50 MSD harness with a tach line out in another forum... but he was using a MSD box at the time so I was hoping that was his problem.

Anyone have an idea? (guess I can try tapping the signal wire at the coil or off an injector like they mention on DJ's website) :/

Am I missing an easy fix here?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't help any, but I'll be hooking up my LC-1 this weekend. I'm going to wire it into the ECM and use HPtuner to log the values. I hope it goes smooth.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Think I found a solution... MSD Part number 8918.

It's an inductive pickup that uses a 12v and ground to power it, putting out a 12v signal with 30% dwell. I can even place it on an injector wire (only 1 pluse per rotation vs. 8 for the coil) to give it better resolution at high rpms (and adjust the DJ WBC dividor to compensate in the software). This way I know I'm getting a full 12v signal with little interference.

Not cheap, but for $40 it isn't too bad of a find.

Last edited by Steve in Seattle; 04-08-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Next step is to wire the 0-5v output to my PCM's AC Pressure line... so I can log/scan it with AutoTap or any other OBDII scanner. (allows me to see/graph knock, MAF, DTC, spark advance, etc... much more data than just the WBC can do with 3 inputs and a WB reading).

I have a neat little slider-switch I can use to toggle between the the AC and WB inputs... though I think a weatherpack connector I can plug the AC pressure harness into instead may be the trick set up. (just gotta figure out where to get one like that and where to get the pins for it)
Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve in Seattle
How did you finally set this up?
I think he sold the car last year

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I can't help any, but I'll be hooking up my LC-1 this weekend. I'm going to wire it into the ECM and use HPtuner to log the values. I hope it goes smooth.

I wanna hook up my PLX to HPT to log
maybe this weekend.

I'll be checking out other people's setup today at the dyno day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just hooked up my WBC record function and..........