Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Rained out :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rained out :(

My new differential goes in the Caddie tomorrow so I figured I'd go out to Pacific to try and get into the 12's last night. (I could only get a 13.0@111 last Wednesday) Temps were good (it was 92 last wk) and I put some 101 trick gas in the tank. The weather was, unfortunately, uncooperative by the time I got there. It hurt even more b/c there was a nice shiny black 300c SRT-8 in the staging lanes just waiting for a beating.

So, I probably won't be taking this car to the drags until I can get a more reliable rear end in this thing. Cadillac told me that this is the last one they will warranty for me (it'll be my 4th) since GM "somehow" knows I'm modded. Not that the modding is the culprit. Stock V's go through just as many diffs as I do. My car will pretty much be a fast daily driver that'll see the occasional road course/auto-x.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to your sig you have already hit 12's? Have heard from more than one person that the rear end is prone to giving out pretty quick. Thought in 06 or something this was resolved though? Isn't their a sponser in the V section of the site that is looking into or already made an alternative rear for the V?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's too bad those cars have such an achilles heel. It makes me wonder how much work they've put into the drive-train of the new V. 500hp from the factory is going to be a lot of fun for those with the $...as long as it can handle the power. Will there be a trade-in in your future?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rawr256
According to your sig you have already hit 12's? Have heard from more than one person that the rear end is prone to giving out pretty quick. Thought in 06 or something this was resolved though? Isn't their a sponser in the V section of the site that is looking into or already made an alternative rear for the V?

Yeah, but that was last spring and before my headers. I'd like to be in the 12s club listing. I also wanted to beat my previous best to justify the $1200 for the Kooks headers. Half of that price is justified just by the throaty sound the headers add but the other half needs to net a quicker ET!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V
Yeah, but that was last spring and before my headers. I'd like to be in the 12s club listing. I also wanted to beat my previous best to justify the $1200 for the Kooks headers. Half of that price is justified just by the throaty sound the headers add but the other half needs to net a quicker ET!
Gotcha!

Would have thought the Magnacharger would be enough to mid you in consistant mid range. Probably just traction issues though? Thought stock a V would run similar to a stock F-body.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a friend who has gone through 3 rearends, and he doesn't race.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by esoteric
I have a friend who has gone through 3 rearends, and he doesn't race.

An all-too-common occurance. I don't really drag race very often. The rears have never gone out b/c of the track. It has always gone out on the street. When it is wet out you have to be so very careful or the car will go hop-hop-hop and the rear starts whining.

Quick Reply: Rained out :(