Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Whoops!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whoops!

Well I just got my car back tonight and I must say-it feels like a whole new vehicle, I get back on post and my buddy says "hey i wanna go for a spin" so we get in an take off towards the back roads of North Fort-I turn onto this little street and unleash the fury all the way to the next stop sign. I think my buddy was about to **** a brick . We get back to my barracks an I open up the hood an we start chatting, all of a sudden the cops pull up an im just like "shhhiiiiiiiitt".
I knew i was in for it now-he gets out an asks for my license, registration an what not, asks me if i was doing a test drive. Well it does no good to lie so i was like "ya i got some work done" He starts telling me that a full bird colonel saw me go full throttle down that street an called me in. He went on about some Neg 2 crap an that i could get a ticket for reckless driving an blah blah blah, the usual. He then tells me if all my stuff checks out that he'll just give me a verbal warning. Wow, what a relief, he also tells me he's got an LS1 Camaro that he put a 396 BBC in so i guess he knows what its like to have a fast car. Man did I get lucky, cuz i bet the whole post heard me when i got on it, haha true duals rule!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Too bad the Colonel had to be such a dick. Obviously the cop thought so too.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Ellis got it finished, eh? Cool. I can imagine it feels a LITTLE different now (heads, cam, headers, true duals, blah blah blah) Congrats!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha, i wasnt really too upset about it, I was in the wrong an was willing to accept the consequences. Ya, I just can't get over how awesome it sounds, i can see now why true-duals are so popular. I have a feeling my gf is gonna hate riding in my car now cuz those mufflers are like RIGHT under the seats
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

It does sound Awesome! I mentioned it to ellis yesterday, that most LS1's don't sound that good. That was cool that he let you go with a warning.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanx alot Steph, I hope he doesnt mind doing rear-ends cuz' that'll be my next big project It's a good thing I don't live closer to you guys, I'd prolly end up being your best customer--haha
Old 06-18-2007, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Which true duals did you go with?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Texas-Speed, It's awesome, I set off a car alarm today in the motorpool just starting it up
Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
Texas-Speed, It's awesome, I set off a car alarm today in the motorpool just starting it up
Thats funny, I used to work in redmond and would set my Boss's alarm off every day...and he would just keep on parking next to me..
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 AM
12 Second Club

did you go for the bullets or the sweet thunders?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not exactly sure which mufflers are on there, I bought it used from a couple in Montana and they couldn't even remember. Whichever mufflers they are tho they sound sweet My girlfriend came over earlier tonight an I told her it's pretty loud. I started it up an she was like...."Well, its not so bad" then I was like, "Ya but thats just at idle" an I revved it up an she jumped a good foot in the air. Haha! I love it How do you guys deal with the gas smell? I don't mind it too much when I'm driving but it kinda makes my interior stink a little, think about 6 airfreshners from the rearview ought to do it?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

hehe I just got used to the smell myself. though I only smelled it when the cutouts were open. I know what ya mean about makin them jump though, isn't it fun

Quick Reply: Whoops!