Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Pulled over by the ghestapo this morning

Old 10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pulled over by the ghestapo this morning

So I'm taking my kids to school at 7:45 this morning when a patrol car passes me and flips around to follow me. I already know my tags are out and that’s why he's going to pull me over. He does the typical predatory response driving bullshit and speeds up on my *** and then backs off. He does this several times before he finally flips on the lights and pulls me over. Then he takes his tactical approach to my car and ask for my info. Condescends me the whole time and talks to me like I'm 10. I didn’t appreciate his behavior at all so I call the police dept to file a complaint and speak with the supervisor who takes the same stand and acts like a jerk and doesn’t want to hear any part of it and says this conversation is going sideways and hangs up on me.
SO I call the sheriff to see what I can do and get a very nice lady on the phone who helps me out. She tells me who to go see at the courthouse to take care of the ticket and to send a letter to the city council about the complaint about the officer. SO I get the car registered, took 5 minutes and then go to the court house and explain it all to the clerk who then goes into the judges chamber to explain it all to her. She comes out and tell me what they're going to do and also says the officer is inside would I like to speak to him. I say no thank you at which point the officer exits the courtroom and stand beside me. HE say's do you have you ticket with you, to break the ice or something and I say yes. He asks to see it and says he forgot to put the bail on it. I hand it to him and he does his thing and hands it back and then he says I understand you want to file a complaint, do you want to talk to me. I said no thank you and finished my business with the clerk and walked out. The cop follows me and persists with wanting to know what I felt was inappropriate. I tell him that speeding up on my rear bumper and dropping off isn’t safe. He say’s I never did that. I said you started it the minute you flipped around to follow me, he says I never flipped around your confused. This the whole time while I'm trying to get away from him and walk to my car. SO...........
I get home and call a lawyer. He tells me to swear out a ticket for the unsafe following and file it with the county or state. SO I just did that. He also said the cop violated my civil rights, something about chilling my speech, but it really isn't worth pursuing for damages.

Speeding up on me and slowing down and speeding up he’s trying to get me to flee or commit another crime. He's doing this at 7:45 am on a 25 mph road with 100-200 kids within a 2 mile stretch before the school, kids lined up every 200 ft for their bus stops.

What if I had panicked and ran, how many kids would have been killed because a hero cop wanted to right me for the ever-dangerous offense of expired tabs. I tried to explain to the supervisor how dangerous a practice this was and that jackass says... we can't go door to door to hand out tickets..(typical ******* cop response right there), Since ******* when??? Tickets come in the mail all the time if a camera catches you and this was an expired tab.

Hero cops like this we can do without. 7:45 in the morning on an extremely busy with school (kindergarten first and second graders) traffic street and hero wants to induce a chase.
And then trying to intimidate me or make me feel like I’m wrong and he’s right?? **** him. He endangered my kids lives with his stupid cat and mouse cop game and I’m going after him for it.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 10-08-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate ******* cops. This weekend I fixed my dad's car so that it could pass emissions and get tabs. I am driving to the testing station (~3 miles from our house), 2 blocks away from the testing station a cop pulls up behind me and pulls me over. I couldn't find my dad's current insurance card, and even though I showed him 10 years of consecutive cards on the same policy, one that just expired in May, he didn't believe me the car was insured. So I got a ticket for expired tabs and no insurance, $766. And by the time he was done ******* up my day, the testing station was closed.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Banned

Oh ya I didnt have anything in the car, registration, title and my insurance card was the expired one. He says I can write you for no insurance as well and I said go ahead. You and I both know it will be dropped the minute the judge see's it. He didnt write it. Trying to scare me??? Get stuffed *******, your ******* with the wrong citizen. I know my rights. I just sent the Chief of police a copy of the letter I'm sending to the City Council. If anything this cop will approach the next person differently. Or just stay on the night shift where his tactics are acceptable. This is called a city but in reality its a small town. That big city bullshit doesnt fly around here. The Chief is elected same as the City Council.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Aren't all cars equipped with video and audio now? If so, I'd subpoena that tape. I would show if he was speeding up and tailgating then backing off - WHERE KIDS WERE PRESENT.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

get that ******* man
Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Aren't all cars equipped with video and audio now? If so, I'd subpoena that tape. I would show if he was speeding up and tailgating then backing off - WHERE KIDS WERE PRESENT.
There was the video a couple weeks back where someone taped their encounter with a police officer because, surprise surprise, in the past he has been accused of bs stuff, so now he records everything when he drives.

Cop pulls him over and goes off on random things he could accuse the kid of and even throws out the comment "who you think someone will believe? A cop or some punk?" Than accused him of not using a blinker, swerving and possibly being intoxicated etc. But when you look back on the tap the guy never swerved and did use his blinker.

In the end, the cop got the boot, not because of his actions he took or threats to my understanding, but because he didn't have his dash cam or recorder going on his squad car, he was on a power trip and wanted no evidence against him in the end.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

While I don't agree with what it sounds like the officer did, I do have one question about the situation. Why (in a cop magnet car) would you not have current tabs, registration, and proof of insurance?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIKING
While I don't agree with what it sounds like the officer did, I do have one question about the situation. Why (in a cop magnet car) would you not have current tabs, registration, and proof of insurance?
I have to say I agree. If you keep you stuff straight, you don't give them a reason to pull you over and hassle you.

Also, the speeding up, slowing down is probably the cop trying to read your tag and expiration date, then backing off while the person on the other end of the radio checks it out. I know I've seen other cops do this too. That's why it seems like they follow you "just waiting to do something". They're waiting for information (warrant, stolen car, etc.)

I will agree that the cop sounds like a jerk though.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIKING
Ding! We have a winner!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

I never considered a 96 Kia 4 dr sedan a cop magnet car. I don’t disagree with the ticket, I didn’t realize my tabs were expired. In Oregon they send you a notice to re-register. I never got mine and never thought twice about it. Honest mistake. I had my insurance card, just the wrong one but that wasn’t an issue. Within 1 hour of dealing with the asscake I had the car registered and was talking to the judges assistant. The judge might throw it out might not, I’ll find out in the mail in a day or two.

As far as the speeding up and backing off I gave him a couple of charges to accomplish that not several and we're doing 25 mph here, how long does it take? You can’t see my plate when your one foot off my bumper. He wasn’t reading my info he was doing the typical cop lets see what else we can get this guy for thing. He could have pulled me over right away and didn’t as well. When I was younger I didn’t want a ticket and ran from the cops. My maturity level is what is it is and I didn’t even think about it. What if I had been the immature guy instead and slammed into a bus stop full of 7 and 8 yr olds?? I believe his actions were far more dangerous and un-called for. You can read a plate from 8 feet back, you don’t need to be 1 foot away. That’s just bullshit. You can pull someone over and stop them and wait for your wants and warrants as well. This is daylight and a car with great windows to see into. Not tinted. There was no need for his antics. A dad with a 6 and 7 yr old in the car with expired tabs 1 block from his house taking his kids to school.
This guy approached it like it was midnight and I was speeding like 50 in a 25. Then to confront me after I told him no only reminds me of the psycho in Wisconsin with a badge who killed how many? I guaranty I fucked with his day more than he fucked with mine.
Like I said maybe next time he'll approach it differently. Pull the car over right away and just get down to business instead of playing stupid games. Honestly, next cop tailgates me is getting a brake job and then a subsequent lawsuit. Cat or small dog ran in front of me. Who the **** do they think they are?

This is a democracy and we the people decide how we’re governed and we decide the laws and how they are enforced, not the other way around. I think it’s far time someone makes a stand and that’s what I’ve done. I don’t want my town represented in such a manor as to instill fear among the citizenry that the police have total control and can do what they want. It’s the opposite. They’re here to serve us.

Fed Govt rant to follow

The Federal Government has the same issue and needs to be addressed as well. They’re there to serve us not order us around. A lot of people have forgotten the constitution and the Govt steps on it all the time. It was written to protect us from the Federal Govt and its greed for power, not to protect us from each other. But Bush took care of that didn’t he. We are one step from marshal law. And then my republican friends you will be required to turn in your firearms. Doh!!! We let a little slip here and there and the Feds take a mile. Then they fail to protect us from 9/11 and so they step on the constitution. I might not be the smartest guy but I’m not blind either.

Believe you me guys, I dont drive around unregistered intentionaly and my cars have always been insured. I dont go over 23 mph in the 25 mph and do 18 in the 20. I think sattey for our kids going to school is number one priority. thats what upsets me so much about this whole thing. I felt is was a very unsafe way to pull me over surounded by little kids.

And I agree it could have all been avoided by myself with being registered. That is my fault and I would never say otherwise. I should have been more aware of my cars tabs and had the proper insurance card in my wallet. Those are my responsibilities as a driver and car owner.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 10-09-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

#1 I said that I didn't agree with the cop doing what you said he did
#2 I wrongly thought you were driving the car in your sig (oops)

If the cop did something that put others in danger then you were right to report it. His doing something wrong does not negate the fact that you were also wrong not to have current tabs, etc.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

I wasnt snapping at you sorry if it looked that way. Wasnt my intention at all, I should have thrown the in there when I said I was in the Kia.

I know the tabs are my fault, it was an honest mistake and I was hoping the judge would understand that I had no willfull intent to break the law as far as registering. That was my intention at the courthouse. Try and head it all off before the ticket hit the system. It was a 50-50 shot. I really dont want my insurance to charge me more money for it for the next three years. I just had a speeding ticket in the Camaro so thats two tickets this year. An unusual year for me as far as tickets go, I was 2 months shy of 3 years when I got the speeding ticket this summer.

Most of that speech, by the way, is straight from the lawyer with some of my rant thrown in as well. Dont take it toooo seriously, althought there is some definate truth to some of it.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
This is a democracy and we the people decide how we’re governed and we decide the laws and how they are enforced, not the other way around. I think it’s far time someone makes a stand and that’s what I’ve done. I don’t want my town represented in such a manor as to instill fear among the citizenry that the police have total control and can do what they want. It’s the opposite. They’re here to serve us.

Fed Govt rant to follow

The Federal Government has the same issue and needs to be addressed as well. They’re there to serve us not order us around. A lot of people have forgotten the constitution and the Govt steps on it all the time. It was written to protect us from the Federal Govt and its greed for power, not to protect us from each other. But Bush took care of that didn’t he. We are one step from marshal law. And then my republican friends you will be required to turn in your firearms. Doh!!! We let a little slip here and there and the Feds take a mile. Then they fail to protect us from 9/11 and so they step on the constitution. I might not be the smartest guy but I’m not blind either.

on one hand, I agree that the gov't has WAY overstepped constitutional boundaries, regardless of party.

on the other hand, what group does the communist (stallinist) party support financially during elections???.... if there wasn't a reason, they wouldn't be giving them money.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
Also, the speeding up, slowing down is probably the cop trying to read your tag and expiration date, then backing off while the person on the other end of the radio checks it out. I know I've seen other cops do this too. That's why it seems like they follow you "just waiting to do something". They're waiting for information (warrant, stolen car, etc.)
Most cop cars have computers in their vehicles so they can do it themselves. Much quicker.

A buddy of mine recently separated from the military and is almost finished in the police academy. I'm learning all kinds of neat stuff from him.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

Checking information like that is extremely dangerous. If you have to ride up on someones *** to see their plates/tags so you can 'radio the information' in and have it checked, you're more or less tail gating while using a cell phone.

More and more do we begin to learn and realize that some of these individuals (the cops) are out there to make money, not protect and serve. There is absolutely no reason for a police officer to give you attitude or talk down to you over a 1x1 colored piece of plastic missing on your license plate.

Police offers who feel the need to always act in absolute authority and push their weight around on people ought to be transfered to the US border, in order to dig a TRENCH in front of the wall going up between the US and Mexico. Efforts and ATTITUDES (and salaries) better spent!

/rant

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled over by the ghestapo this morning