Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone WA. gearheads interested?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone WA. gearheads interested?

Thread in Military forum: McChord/Ft. Lewis LS?/LT? Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been talking in an old thread about a get together for any McChord/Ft. Lewis guys and gals that would like to meet up? I wouldn't mind starting a new club for other cars? Maybe some kind of LS?/LT? kind of club so it would includ more than just F-bady's like GTO's Corvetts and so on.... I am open to ideas, but just a chance to meet up with other fellow gear heads would be cool as well. To me its all about networking if I don't know how to do something then maybe someone else does, and I can return the favor helping them out with their car. It would be cool to try and set up a car show on one of the bases too? If we can get enough people to show up to a few meets with some good ideas we could start something new? We can come up with small meets at someones house or location to make a Texas hold-um turnament to build a pot to start a website or something like that? I am just shooting off ideas but start small and work our way up. Even working out ideas with other clubs around the area for a bigger meet? I don't want to take away from other clubs I just want to add more numbers of us out there. Anyway I am not sure if anyone cares or not, but I thought I would put it out there? I am cool just hanging out talking shop and admiring someone else's ride. Let me know if anyone else is interested?
Dan
Old 12-16-2007, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

I would be, but your guys are little to far for me..
Old 12-16-2007, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

i have alittle club starting up on base in bremerton but its just anyone who wants to join since not that many guys on my base have lsx based cars. but that woudl be great to have soem military club get togtehers.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:05 AM
Staging Lane

I'd be interested........

I'm only maybe 30 minutes from McChord......
Old 12-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Teching In

I'm just trying to get a few military guys and gals together to hang out. If something else starts up ie... Friendships, clubs, cook outs...... Not saying it has to be just military either. Beside there can be more than just one car club, thats the fun about it. Meeting up with other car clubs at the track for a friendly race. This may turn out to be nothing due to most military PCS, deploy ect.... I am still haveing fun just trying to hang out. Heck I may even do a BBQ in the first of the summer - burgers and the first case of beer on me.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

My husbands been tossing the idea of getting a car club together with just the guys he works with on McChord lol most of the guys he works with on line has at lease 1 classic or kewl car. (i guess thats one good thing about being an ART)
Old 12-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Default Car show

I work with Dan in Blue. I was at the car show (Titus Will) with you and Dan last July. (if you remember me?) Lots of car guys in our work area and I'm just trying to get them all together.

Dan

2002 NMB Trans AM / WS6
Old 12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoomersWS6
I work with Dan in Blue. I was at the car show (Titus Will) with you and Dan last July. (if you remember me?) Lots of car guys in our work area and I'm just trying to get them all together.

Dan

2002 NMB Trans AM / WS6
Yea you bought your little boy with you, Then I saw you not to long ago when you asked me to moved my truck, while I was waiting for Dan.

We are doing a couple more ones this year but dealerships didnt like the low turn out on the Firebirds so we are kicking around a Camaro/corvette show lol.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

i'd be interested...i'm on mcchord
Old 12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

i am interested on lewis....
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

Interested on Lewis.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

So what do you guys think? Should we do a car meet with any type vehicle or just keep it F-bodys, Vettes, LS1, LT1 and so on? I have been so busy with an upcomming exercise for Jan 8th to 16th that I have not had much time to plan anything for a meet. I am looking to do a meet prob, around the end of Jan to 1st of Feb? Anyone else feeling anything sooner? Like I said before I am willing to do a BBQ come first of spring. I am still up for any ideas as to where we can have our first meet and even do a meet and drive somewhere as well? Anyway hit me up with more ideas.
Dan
Old 12-28-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

The CHP Swapmeet is coming up the 9th & 10th of feb in Puyallup its always a great place to meet.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

I am very new to lewis (3-2ID 5/20) (4th day). I would like to help start the club as well. If some one could give me a call and show me arround as well it would be appretiated.

904-294-5074

call24/7
Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

i'm down for whatever you guys got going on
Old 01-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Cool 18th or 19th meet?

Well we are supposed to have some sunshine this comming weekend? Fri 18th and
Sat 19th anyone up for a meet? Let me know if anyone is interested? I am up for just about anything or anyplace you guys want to meet? If it's nice enough out we could meet up just about anywhere, and even do a drive out or from somewhere? Let me know ladies and gents.
Look forword to meeting up with you all.
Dan
Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me know too I am not doing anything this weekend & with Dan gone for a couple weeks I can drive one of the sports cars, with out him knowing it, Maybe even drive the buick out & about if the roads are great, if not drive the beat up new car
Old 01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Cool

Well looks like Fri the 18 is the last day for sun? Anyone interested? We could meet up at the Krispy Kream in Puyallup to make the mustange boys mad? Meet up at Hooters for some wings and a few breast? Lunch dinner or even breakfast? We can even meet at a car wash since I know there are a few dirty ones out there? If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you my #.
Dan
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

its also suppose to be decient on Sunday, Friday is always bad since OH gee some of us work Dan lol, unless we have a snow day then I am not going anywere.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

i'm down with making the mustang guys at krispy kream mad lol...i'm down for whatever uncle sam gave me a 3 day weekend

Quick Reply: Anyone WA. gearheads interested?