Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Exxon Mobil posts record profits

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exxon Mobil posts record profits

Broke their own 2006 record for profits.

GEE I WONDER ******* WHY.

How much of that goes right back to Bush in little secret accounts?

Biggest joke on the American public ever! If someone who wasnt best friends with the oil companies was president there would be a congressional investigation into this. But instead Bush distracts the American public by a bandaid income tax relief bill. Put the ******* gas prices where they should be and maybe people could afford to travel and spend money or buy product and not take in in the *** on freight costs.

Lets look at the reality of the good ole boy in the white house after his fixed election in the first place. Let us down by allowing 9/11 and the Katrina disasters. Feds new about it, they needed it to happen in order to pass bills and take tighter control. Think about it. They new who the men were and what they were doing and it didnt occur to them that they would use a plane as weapon?
It called planned obsolesence. Let if happen so you can fix it.

How many ******* days till federal aid arrived in New Orleans??? Should have been there next day. These things define Bush. Liar to the American people, not there when he was needed most, helped the oil companies to post record profits every quarter they report.

Not looking for an open debate with anyone, you cant debate or deny facts.
Thats my political rant for the year. I know where most of you stand. Tell me you appreciate paying $3/gal so Bush's cronies can become billionaires. I dare you to justify the profit gouging that goes un-checked.

Nixon stole campain secrets and was impeached.
Clinton got a BJ and was crucified

Bush got re-elected. How many Americans or people in general have died under his watch? Military or not. Wake the **** up people.

Sorry guys nothing personal we have our own views, I just really hate hearing about Oil company record profits. I'll have a drink with anyone of ya and not think twice about it.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-01-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

Do you have any evidence or is this just your own personal paranoia? Just because the Clintons mastered this, doesn't mean Bush does it. This is from this week.

January 31, 2008
After Mining Deal, Financier Donated to Clinton

Biggest joke on the American public ever! If someone who wasnt best friends with the oil companies was president there would be a congressional investigation into this. But instead Bush distracts the American public by a bandaid income tax relief bill. Put the ******* gas prices where they should be and maybe people could afford to travel and spend money or buy product and not take in in the *** on freight costs.
How does the president set the price of gasoline?

Lets look at the reality of the good ole boy in the white house after his fixed election in the first place. Let us down by allowing 9/11 and the Katrina disasters. Feds new about it, they needed it to happen in order to pass bills and take tighter control. Think about it. They new who the men were and what they were doing and it didnt occur to them that they would use a plane as weapon?
Let's see, if I remember correctly and I do, in the 2000 election Algore tied up transition of the government by months. The Clintons handed over the keys at the very last moment. Just how long do you think it takes to transition an organization as huge as the US government? Do you think 8 months is long enough to know about every threat? The Clintons couldn't see it coming and they had 8 years.

How many ******* days till federal aid arrived in New Orleans??? Should have been there next day. These things define Bush. Liar to the American people, not there when he was needed most, helped the oil companies to post record profits every quarter they report.
I sure as hell don't want the federal government knowing where every school bus is or where every person who doesn't have a car lives. What about the mayor, or the governor? Shouldn't that be their job? It sounds like you want the federal government to run every aspect of our lives.

Thats my political rant for the year. I know where most of you stand. Tell me you appreciate paying $3/gal so Bush's cronies can become billionaires. I dare you to justify the profit gouging that goes un-checked.

If you are going to present your arguments as facts, then you'd better get them right.

Oil companies didn't make their record profits from gasoline sales at the pump. Their margins for refined gasoline have actually decreased over the years. They make money because they have an asset called crude oil and the cost to produce that has stayed the same, but the world market for crude oil has shot through the roof. With China consuming huge quantities more than they used to, it costs more to buy. It's called supply and demand.

Get you facts straight if you want to debate anything. When you get them wrong, it makes your whole argument suspect.

Nixon tried to cover-up crimes of his underlings and resigned.
Clinton lied to a grand jury under oath and was impeached.

Bush got re-elected. How many Americans or people in general have died under his watch? Military or not. Wake the **** up people.

Sorry guys nothing personal we have our own views, I just really hate hearing about Oil company record profits. I'll have a drink with anyone of ya and not think twice about it.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Old 02-01-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. I guess someone wants to live ina permanent state of paranoia with big brother controlling everything we do. Not me I'll continue to serve this great nation of ours and live free and content in the knowledge that I took part in something bigger than all of us. You have your opinions and are entitled to them but since my job is being a soldier I'll keep to the facts.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Hey I have a great idea. Let's give the oil companies huge tax breaks!!!

Economics 101 and Neoconservative ideology do not mix.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

You have a nice blind republican eye there. You sound just like a politician man.
You know as well as I do there is more fact in what I stated than what you will give credit for. You can wash it all how ever you want but the facts remain.

Dropping simple life supplies has nothing to do with knowing where every school bus is.

In fact your contradicting yourself (sort of). This regime has done nothing but step on the constitution and limit the rights of the peope. Make illegal wire taps legal, email searches and yet you say you dont want them knowing where the buses are but you support them

Honely you are much smarter than I am and I know that but how do you fall for the whitewash? Its your republican colored glasses thats how. Not trying to insult you, honestly, we could be sitting side by side right now, it might get heated but it would never be in a bad way. I'd get the next round.

I understand about supply and demand but we are paying top dollar and Exxon mobil is banking that top dollar. I wont deny Clinton made money from the office, every president does. Its just this one is ******* us completely about it. I didnt vote for Clinton either but I was ammazed at the furver at wich the republicans went about doing what ever they could to attack him. They had a plan and needed their guy back in there. This isnt me making things up here, this is a broad view of the way it is.

I'm not blind, might not be articulate when I speak but I'm not stupid either. Go ahead and pretend it doesnt exist if thats what makes you sleep at night but I'm not going to pretend Bush was good for this country. There ate literally houndreds of thousands of lives changed for ever in a bad way. Thats his legacy.

Heres something that will keep you awake though. Obama and Clinton will be in the White House. This country has had enough of the republican regime and will try something different. Always happens. Republicans make themselves look bad and the country elects a democrat just for the change. Might even be a good one.

Here is another thing. The minute Obama takes office the republicans will attack and not let him get anything done and then say he was useless. Tell me I'm wrong there too.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wow. I guess someone wants to live ina permanent state of paranoia with big brother controlling everything we do. Not me I'll continue to serve this great nation of ours and live free and content in the knowledge that I took part in something bigger than all of us. You have your opinions and are entitled to them but since my job is being a soldier I'll keep to the facts.
I have nothing but respect and have stated that plenty of times for our service people and thier families. They make the ultimate sacrifice and have my ultimate respect for it. I did not say anything about the war did I? You peeps have your job to do and do it well.

I'm a true patriot of this country. I grew up where it all began and the one thing we learned was to not turn a blind eye to authority. That the consitution was paid for with blood. It would be disrespectful to our fore fathers to not hold our leaders acountable.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have nothing but respect and have stated that plenty of times for our service people and thier families. They make the ultimate sacrifice and have my ultimate respect for it. I did not say anything about the war did I? You peeps have your job to do and do it well.

I'm a true patriot of this country. I grew up where it all began and the one thing we learned was to not turn a blind eye to authority. That the consitution was paid for with blood. It would be disrespectful to our fore fathers to not hold our leaders acountable.
Wasn't questioning any of that. I was merely stating that you seem to be kinda looking for a reason to live in fear and there is no need. I think you forget one very important thing. You said how many American's have died because of Bush. The answer none. George Bush did not fly the planes that killed all of those people. Gearge Bush has not shot or blown up a single soldier either. George Bush identified a problem based on intelligence that he had and went to congress and asked for and recieved the authorization to go to war with Iraq. I really hope that Hillary and Obama do not get elected for the single reason that some nut job that hates blacks and don't think I woman should be president will try and assassinate them. That would cause more havoc than if Bush were to get reelected (not possible I know). I may not agree with everything our president has said and done but I don't hold him responsible for the inteeligence he recieved or for a single death that has resulted from the war. I have lost quite a few friends and I don't know why any rational person would blame Bush for thier deaths.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned

I can understand where your coming from.

But you seem to have the fear issue. You shouldnt have to live in fear that someone will take out a black president and woman vice pres. I dont. I think it's about time this country moved foward with a new line of thinking. That doesnt mean weaker defense either.

Do you know in Haiti the poor eat cookies made from mud. It does have some nutritional value. Wonder how much it would cost us to feed them and what kind of response we would get from the rest of the world. It's a tiny country. Would be drop in the bucket for us. But what is to gain from that? Ever wonder why people around the world really hate us? We could use our might for more than military intervention to do good is all I'm saying.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-01-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Teching In

But you seem to have the fear issue. You shouldnt have to live in fear that someone will take out a black president and woman vice pres. I dont. I think it's about time this country moved foward with a new line of thinking. That doesnt mean weaker defense either.

Do you know in Haiti the poor eat cookies made from mud. It does have some nutritional value. Wonder how much it would cost us to feed them and what kind of response we would get from the rest of the world. It's a tiny country. Would be drop in the bucket for us. But what is to gain from that? Ever wonder why people around the world really hate us? We could use our might for more than military intervention to do good is all I'm saying.
This report is a little dated 2003/4 but just so you are aware the US spends more money on foreign aid than any country in the world. How much good has that done us? Here is the link: http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/31987.pdf
Old 02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree we should move forward and I don't worry about it. But in the time of war as it is now we don't need the President being assassinated it would create a sign of weakness and unrest. Something you don't want in the current situation. Race, color and creed doesn't matter to me. I left out national origin becasue by law the President has to be from the U.S. I've been to Haiti and Cuba to help the people of Haiti and refugees in Cuba. We do use our military for good but sometimes world opinion doesn't like that either.

I offer the following as an example of what I mean.

In a question-and-answer session afterwards (during which the phrase "empire building" was never mentioned, incidentally), the secretary of state was asked by former Archbishop of Canterbury George Carey if he felt the U.S and its allies had given due consideration to the use of "soft power" — promulgating moral and democratic values as a means of achieving progress towards international peace and stability, basically — versus the "hard power" of military force.

Here, in part, is how Colin Powell actually responded to Carey's question:

There is nothing in American experience or in American political life or in our culture that suggests we want to use hard power. But what we have found over the decades is that unless you do have hard power — and here I think you're referring to military power — then sometimes you are faced with situations that you can't deal with.
I mean, it was not soft power that freed Europe. It was hard power. And what followed immediately after hard power? Did the United States ask for dominion over a single nation in Europe? No. Soft power came in the Marshall Plan. Soft power came with American GIs who put their weapons down once the war was over and helped all those nations rebuild. We did the same thing in Japan.

So our record of living our values and letting our values be an inspiration to others I think is clear. And I don't think I have anything to be ashamed of or apologize for with respect to what America has done for the world. [Applause.]

We have gone forth from our shores repeatedly over the last hundred years and we’ve done this as recently as the last year in Afghanistan and put wonderful young men and women at risk, many of whom have lost their lives, and we have asked for nothing except enough ground to bury them in, and otherwise we have returned home to seek our own, you know, to seek our own lives in peace, to live our own lives in peace. But there comes a time when soft power or talking with evil will not work where, unfortunately, hard power is the only thing that works.

It wasn't the first time Colin Powell had used the figure of speech. During an "MTV Global Discussion" on February 14, 2002, he was asked how he felt representing a country commonly perceived as "the Satan of contemporary politics." Here is the relevant part of his reply:

[F]ar from being the Great Satan, I would say that we are the Great Protector. We have sent men and women from the armed forces of the United States to other parts of the world throughout the past century to put down oppression. We defeated Fascism. We defeated Communism. We saved Europe in World War I and World War II. We were willing to do it, glad to do it. We went to Korea. We went to Vietnam. All in the interest of preserving the rights of people.
And when all those conflicts were over, what did we do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say, "Okay, we defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan, so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do? We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which they have embraced totally to their soul. And did we ask for any land? No, the only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead. And that is the kind of nation we are.

Taken from the world economic forum transcript and other sources as noted in the text.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:24 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Price of oil goes up.... gas price rises immediately...

Price of oil goes down... gas prices take months to drop...

I can't get behind that.

(+10 if you get the reference)
Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

The gas prices have dropped??? Not were I live. I am still paying the same as what I was a year ago. lol
Old 02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smoke20
not to change the subject or anything but has anyone check out how much of the gas price is tax???? here the tree hugger state of washington i believe its around 40 cent per gallon. i do believe that it is harder for Bush whos money is from the oil fields in Texas to cut oil prices. but i fear for this country if we let Osama and Hillary get in power. remember this its the muslims that bombed our towers, its the muslims who are the primary issues in the world when it comes to suicide bombing and their religious beliefs are contrary to the American people, i dont want one running our country. i may sound like im paranoid but history speaks for its self and what these people stand for.
I'm a religious neutral person, not atheist but don't participate in a church, I think that opinion is very narrow minded. Muslims are the largest religious group in the world and just because a few idiots are fanatics and do dumb **** does not mean they all are. Terrorist makes up leass than 1/1000 of 1% of Muslims. I don't share thier beliefs and I don't like thier rules but they are not bad people. Hitler was Catholic does that make all Catholics bad? Thee KKK has a lot of Baptists does that make all of them bad as well. Just curious.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

not to change the subject or anything but has anyone check out how much of the gas price is tax???? here the tree hugger state of washington i believe its around 40 cent per gallon. i do believe that it is harder for Bush whos money is from the oil fields in Texas to cut oil prices. but i fear for this country if we let Osama and Hillary get in power. remember this its the muslims that bombed our towers, its the muslims who are the primary issues in the world when it comes to suicide bombing and their religious beliefs are contrary to the American people, i dont want one running our country. i may sound like im paranoid but history speaks for its self and what these people stand for.

Dont you mean Obama
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

You have a nice blind republican eye there. You sound just like a politician man.

You know as well as I do there is more fact in what I stated than what you will give credit for. You can wash it all how ever you want but the facts remain.
The point is, your "facts" don't remain and therefore your argument is invalid. Just because you believe something doesn't make it a fact. I may believe you're an idiot, but that doesn't make it a fact. You may be MUCH smarter than I am.

Dropping simple life supplies has nothing to do with knowing where every school bus is.
Then where should they be dropped smart guy?

In fact your contradicting yourself (sort of). This regime has done nothing but step on the constitution and limit the rights of the peope. Make illegal wire taps legal, email searches and yet you say you dont want them knowing where the buses are but you support them
If you really knew about this issue, then you would understand that this relates to terrorists whos network traffic just happens to be routed through this country. There are huge barriers and safeguards in place to protect the privacy of American citizens - like judges reviews, probable cause and such.

Honely you are much smarter than I am and I know that but how do you fall for the whitewash? Its your republican colored glasses thats how. Not trying to insult you, honestly, we could be sitting side by side right now, it might get heated but it would never be in a bad way. I'd get the next round.

I understand about supply and demand but we are paying top dollar and Exxon mobil is banking that top dollar.
Then you understand that the oil companies were the ones that risked their money to explore for and bring that oil to market. Why shouldn't they benefit from that risk.

I wont deny Clinton made money from the office, every president does. Its just this one is ******* us completely about it.
Where are your facts?

I didnt vote for Clinton either but I was ammazed at the furver at wich the republicans went about doing what ever they could to attack him. They had a plan and needed their guy back in there. This isnt me making things up here, this is a broad view of the way it is.
... and this is different from how the left is treating Bush. In you first post you called the president a liar, a traitor and thief. That's pretty amazing too.

I'm not blind, might not be articulate when I speak but I'm not stupid either. Go ahead and pretend it doesnt exist if thats what makes you sleep at night but I'm not going to pretend Bush was good for this country. There ate literally houndreds of thousands of lives changed for ever in a bad way. Thats his legacy.

Heres something that will keep you awake though. Obama and Clinton will be in the White House. This country has had enough of the republican regime and will try something different. Always happens. Republicans make themselves look bad and the country elects a democrat just for the change. Might even be a good one.
One thing about history, it's always written by the winners. Time will tell.

Here is another thing. The minute Obama takes office the republicans will attack and not let him get anything done and then say he was useless. Tell me I'm wrong there too.
...and this is different... Oh never mind....
Old 02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all muslims read and go by the coran and if you read into that book you will see that it states any other religion other than muslim should be killed. they are made martyrs if they take another life in the name of alla so dont preach to me about that they all arent bad. hitler did not kill in the name of the catholic church neither did the kkk, but muslims kill in the name of alla. One Nation Under God is what our declaration states, how is that gonna sit on Osamas plate, i say it wrong for a reason.
Where in the Quran does it say that? You sir do not know what you are talking about. You are merely spitting out some uninformed idiot posted on some hate site or what the extremeists' interpretation of the Quran is. Why don't you go down to the library or bookstore and grab a copy and tell everyone what page its on. My curiosity is peaked. Yes I've read it, no it doesn't say that at all.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I'm a religious neutral person, not atheist but don't participate in a church, I think that opinion is very narrow minded. Muslims are the largest religious group in the world and just because a few idiots are fanatics and do dumb **** does not mean they all are. Terrorist makes up leass than 1/1000 of 1% of Muslims. I don't share thier beliefs and I don't like thier rules but they are not bad people. Hitler was Catholic does that make all Catholics bad? Thee KKK has a lot of Baptists does that make all of them bad as well. Just curious.
I agree with most of what you said but I will leave you with one observation. Hitler and other Christian faithed or affiliated nut jobs that were hell bent on global domination were put in their place by the Christian world. When will the Muslim world step up to the Osama's of the world and put them in their place? Or are they already in their place......
Old 02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NW94Z
I agree with most of what you said but I will leave you with one observation. Hitler and other Christian faithed or affiliated nut jobs that were hell bent on global domination were put in their place by the Christian world. When will the Muslim world step up to the Osama's of the world and put them in their place? Or are they already in their place......
Some Muslim countries have taken huge steps toward this. Some have not. They will have to soon because now the extremists are now killing Muslims too. Before now I think they just thought it wasn't their problem because it wan't affecting them now it is. There are anti extemist organizations springing up in a lot of those countries because they are sick of it also. Saudi Arabia has one of the largest. They have taken former extremists that changed thier mind (some by surviving suicide attacks) and having them teach younger, poor Muslims so they don't join these organizations. Its kind of like the anti gang groups here in the U.S.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Then you understand that the oil companies were the ones that risked their money to explore for and bring that oil to market. Why shouldn't they benefit from that risk.
Their risk is worth $40+ BILLION a year?!

That's greed at it's worst, especially when the people of it's country (the US) are struggling, and their actions only make situations worse...

Quick Reply: Exxon Mobil posts record profits