Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New build taking shape

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New build taking shape

RED sleeved ls2, 4.250 stroke 4.130-40 bore. Callies crank and rods, Wiseco custom pistons and GFX rings. All Pro LSW Hurricane heads. Weren't sure on the heads for a while because we were using an ls7 designed piston ( was going with PRC LS7 heads) but opted for the upgrade to the AP's. Looking for 600+ rwhp on Toms dyno or as close to it as possible. Ellis is handling it for me, hey any prizes for finaly getting on Marks trailer?
Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That should be a monster when done.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Sweet, sounds like a bad-a$$ motor!!!

And my trailer spends more time hauling other cars than it does mine.....
Old 02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Sweet, sounds like a bad-a$$ motor!!!

And my trailer spends more time hauling other cars than it does mine.....
But it's usually cars from the ford drag team!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Going to run it at the track?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
But it's usually cars from the ford drag team!
LMAO...touche buddy!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Yep, this time it gets to the track.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought you where going with an LS7 block, so what is the final displacement on it? that thing should haul ***.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

After much debate, and believe me I mean much, I opted for the stronger block. Should be about a 457 or so. Need it for my 4000+ lb car. I'm pretty psyched about it. The flow numbers on the heads are 400+ so it's gonna be able to breath. We'll see just how restrictive if at all the ls7 intake is on this I think. ARH 1 7/8 stepped to 2" with an ORY. ARH wanted me to go to a 4" intermediate with a 4 in a dual 3" out cat back but thats another $650 and I
m not sure how good they sound. Its the mufflex with the spintech muffler so I'm sticking with the d/d for now.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this the final decision? You have posted about 10 different combos and I have gotten a little confused, this may be because I'm an idiot, but I'm just curious. If it is it will be a monster I'm sure. Good luck. We'll see you at the track.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

400+ That is crazy, what cam are you planning on running? Please give some more specs on the set up. And 4000lbs, damn just throw some tracks on it and it'll be a tank, haha.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Is this the final decision? You have posted about 10 different combos and I have gotten a little confused, this may be because I'm an idiot, but I'm just curious. If it is it will be a monster I'm sure. Good luck. We'll see you at the track.
No comment.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Banned

Yep final decision. Your right it has changed a few times. first I was looking to go s/c. Then I had that lsx 451 on the hook. Then the ls7 block and now finaly the ls2 sleeved. The heads went from the PRC's to the All Pro's. The cam was speced earlier for the prc heads at 248/260+3 113lsa but not sure if it will stay the same and increase the lift of how Erik will spec it now. I flip floped a few times. The LSX 451 wasnt exactly what I wanted. I figured at this coin level I had better take any doubts out of my mind about anything. The heads are going to be real nice. Jesel rockers. Not sure of the valves yet, maybe titanium maybe not. Might be able to use the ss valve and control is with a fatty spring, dont know that's not my call. Erik and richard at WCCH are working out those things. Its been a lot of reading and searching. There arent a whole lot of options for heads in the bigger bore sizes for a small block...lol
This is why gas prices make me pissy as well. IT gonna eat some.. DOH!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good deal. I hope it all works out for you. It should put a hurting on a few guys. I'm one of those. Of course I'll probably get kicked off after my first pass as long as my driving doesn't suck. Of course you have those pesky Old school cars, LT1 cars and a couple of F/I cars that seem to be stepping it up. To me it looks like to keep up with Ellis, RyanK, Wahusker and NWdragracer you are going to have to be DEEP in the nines if not 8's to not look like a tard. Me I'll just keep picking on the guys in the 12's and hope I can drive.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM
11 Second Club

^^^LOL. Dude I feel what you are saying. I was so happy when I got my 12. ha ha.

I am doing a cam in a couple of weeks, with some other stuff as well. Hopefully it might get me close to an 11. We will see.

Next winter though. Its on.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

I was hoping for 11's. LOL and to be able to drift when ever I felt like it..

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-03-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I was hoping for 11's. LOL and to be able to drift when ever I felt like it..
We can line them up. As far as drifting... its gay and no domestic should be involveed in it. To quote PSJ(not an exact quote)... "Its gay basically you are doing controlled donuts around a road course who cars about that." I HATE DRIFTING!!!!!

Last edited by The Manalishi; 02-03-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Banned

Who ever said psj was the accepted expert of how someone should drive their car? Maybe he's gay and has a self loathing issue.

I think he's right about the drifting race series.

But if I want to smoke the tires on a 4000+ lb sports car and power slide it is anything but gay. It's a show of power and driving skill.

Driving in a straigh line for a 1/4 mile at a time is gay. Makes about as much sense as psj's statement. You know what? We used to donuts when I was a kid. In my 72 Chevelle. I'd come into this parking lot that eveyone hung out in. Look for a small group of cars parked together and then spin donuts around them before taking my place in the parking hang out line.

Yea I want to be able to smoke the tires when ever I feel like it without much effort and honestly I could care less what anyone has to say about it. Really.

Honestly that is about the most high schoolish immature thing anyone could ever say:
calling something gay because they dont like it. LMAO! IF I was some punk I might care but that isnt the case. Instead I look at it as nothing but a verbal fart from someone who probably cant handle it.

Domestics were drifting long before it was a competition or had a name for it. It was always a show of power and driving skill. Just because some ricer's adopted it doesnt change a thing. The american muscle car inspired drifting if you ask me. Jealous bastards knew they couldnt hang in a real race so they came up with a drifting competition instead. You could dominate that series with a stock Z06 if you wanted to so really domestics are the King.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

One of the coolest & best drifters right now is a new Goat.....
Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Who ever said psj was the accepted expert of how someone should drive their car? Maybe he's gay and has a self loathing issue.

I think he's right about the drifting race series.

But if I want to smoke the tires on a 4000+ lb sports car and power slide it is anything but gay. It's a show of power and driving skill.

Driving in a straigh line for a 1/4 mile at a time is gay. Makes about as much sense as psj's statement. You know what? We used to donuts when I was a kid. In my 72 Chevelle. I'd come into this parking lot that eveyone hung out in. Look for a small group of cars parked together and then spin donuts around them before taking my place in the parking hang out line.

Yea I want to be able to smoke the tires when ever I feel like it without much effort and honestly I could care less what anyone has to say about it. Really.

Honestly that is about the most high schoolish immature thing anyone could ever say:
calling something gay because they dont like it. LMAO! IF I was some punk I might care but that isnt the case. Instead I look at it as nothing but a verbal fart from someone who probably cant handle it.

Domestics were drifting long before it was a competition or had a name for it. It was always a show of power and driving skill. Just because some ricer's adopted it doesnt change a thing. The american muscle car inspired drifting if you ask me. Jealous bastards knew they couldnt hang in a real race so they came up with a drifting competition instead. You could dominate that series with a stock Z06 if you wanted to so really domestics are the King.
I hear that Midol helps with those symptoms. Jeez dude chill out I was messing with ya.

Quick Reply: New build taking shape