Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ferry's

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ferry's

Lol, Well I guess they will be bringing the extra Ferry from Stelecum,<<I spelt that wrong.. Over to Port. Townsend. I guess the passenger ferry that they had running, hit a reall bad wave and started taking on water. lol. So now after all this time, they finally got smart and decided to bring a an actual car ferry, It only holds like 50 some cars, but that is better than none.

Lane
Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah port townsend use to have car ferrys, until they had cracks in the hulls, so they pulled them the weekend before thanksgiving
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

does anyone use the ferries wifi system

is it really worth the money that they charge for it
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

I guess if you used the ferry's enough it might be worth it. But we don't use it enough, so we never got it.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

in september last year I waited for 4 freaking hours in Pt. Townsend to get over to Widbey. At that time they were only running 1 car ferry (90 min between runs). I was in my motorhome, so it was going to cost too much in gas to drive down to another ferry or around......at least we had food and things to do in the RV. I hate depending on ferries....I guess you learn to deal with it though.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackops22
If anyone goes on this new car ferry when it comes into service could you let me know how the on ramp is that docks to the ferry. I wouldnt mind going over there for a surf at Neah Bay or La Push but I just don't wanna bottom out of the ramp. Most ramps our ferries over here are the axis of evil and basically make every car bottom out (almost my jeep cherokee).
I've ridden that ferry many times. It's the one that used to be on the Anderson Island run in Pierce county. It's pretty small so at low tide it's way the hell down there.

Wouldn't you be better off taking the BC ferry over to the island and then take the Victoria to Port Angeles boat?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

aparrently the seattle-bremerton run lost a boat yesterday due to a ferry running into a terminal hard enough to cause the boat to take on water...that made it so i had to wait and extra 50 minutes to catch a boat home today yay fun

Quick Reply: Ferry's