Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

So I just finished up my suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I just finished up my suspension

I finished up my Edelbrock suspension today at the McChord auto skills center. Man, what a job--it took me like 6 hours doing it all by myself, an not really having any experience doing suspension work before. The biggest problem I had was the swaybar endlinks, they were SOOO rusted on it took me forever to break the drivers side free, the passenger side was a snap(literally, it snapped in half when i tried to break it free) So now my swaybar is disconnected lol. Other than that, everything went well-now i just need an adj panhard bar, and an alignment an everything should be good. I do have a question tho--Should I wait on the alignment after I get the panhard bar installed or can i get an alignment an then install it?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

I would wait... But thats just me.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would definatly get the front end aligned ASAP. As long as your rear lower control arms aren't adjustable you could have them check out the rear too. The only thing the APHB will do is center the axle a little. Really there isn't much an alignment shop can do for the rear end on a solid axle car.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx for the input guys
Old 03-08-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i fixed the endlinks today, an was able to snap some shots here on base--its lowered just the right amount i'd say an the best part is my true-duals didnt scrape the speed bumps coming on base today-lol, let me know what you guys think.

heres the stock ride hieght
Old 03-08-2008, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

looks great man, Love that color too...
Old 03-08-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice stance
Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job Nick

Old 03-10-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx man, it was a job thats for sure
Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
8 Second Club

Oh thats great news now you can give me a hand when i finish mine! All i have to do is the rear springs/shocks and tq. arm so we are good.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i thought you were selling yours to James when you get back?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
i thought you were selling yours to James when you get back?
Well thats running before walking since he hasnt even sold his car last i checked. If he wants it i will sell it to him but other then that i am going to continue to mod and enjoy the car. I have no NEED to sell it.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Nick, the car looks great! Get that front sway hooked up and let me know how you like the handling!

6 hours to install, huh? Rusty fasteners will do that to ya...PB Blaster for a few days before would have helped a LOT...oh, well!

Glad you like the setup...I sure did!

mike
Old 03-30-2008, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

lol pics look good. Those pics by your work? I know exactly where that is, its near my building.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pascoz28
Nick, the car looks great! Get that front sway hooked up and let me know how you like the handling!

6 hours to install, huh? Rusty fasteners will do that to ya...PB Blaster for a few days before would have helped a LOT...oh, well!

Glad you like the setup...I sure did!

mike
yea its a midwest car so I guess that was to be expected, This was my first time doing any kind of suspension work, an i was pretty much doing the WHOLE thing myself.

got the swaybar fixed a couple weeks ago, theres just a few more things yet i need to put on the car before I really let her loose, last week I put on a UMI panhard bar to recenter the rear. I still have SFC's that need welded an I also ordered some LCA w/some relocation brackets which should be here soon. It'll be awhile before I really get to play with the new setup, which isn't really a problem as the weather isn't permitting me to do much anyway.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattB4C
lol pics look good. Those pics by your work? I know exactly where that is, its near my building.
Kind of, I stay in the 57th Trans barracks which is just up the street an my company building is just across the street from my barracks. I work in the 57th Trans motorpool which is just on A street heading out towards the back gate.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Teching In

My autocross club (Sage and Sand Sports Car Club or SSSCC) is having it's final Winter Heat Series events on April 12/13 at Dust Devils Stadium in Pasco, WA. We usually offer 6 runs per day in two run groups...each group gets 3 runs in the morning, then they work. Break for lunch (usually 45 mins) and then do it all over again. We're normally finished by 4pm on Saturday and a little earlier on Sunday (less entrants). Each day is considered a separate event. There are no points on the line during Winter Heat, so it's even MORE laid back than our season events. You'll find a very friendly and knowledgable bunch of folks here...very willing to help out in any way.

Visit our website...ssscc.org for more information. Entry fees are posted as well. You can register and pay online, too! Let me know if you want to make the trip (lots of West Siders do because no where else in the PNW can you get SIX runs a day for the same or less money as other clubs charge).

Hope to see you here...we can set up that Firebird!

I just got my 17x11s with 315 V710s for the rear of my Z28...should be interesting!

Mike