Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

What a day...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What a day...

Thought I'd let everyone know, as I'm sure some of you knew Amanda's had gallstones the past year or so. She'd been living with it quite well up until saturday when she had a bad attack. So we went to the ER and they told her it was time to have surgery.

This morning we went in and after 7 hrs we're back. Surgery went smoothly. She's in a bit of pain and discomfort but it's to be expected .

But I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HitmanLSX
Thought I'd let everyone know, as I'm sure some of you knew Amanda's had gallstones the past year or so. She'd been living with it quite well up until saturday when she had a bad attack. So we went to the ER and they told her it was time to have surgery.

This morning we went in and after 7 hrs we're back. Surgery went smoothly. She's in a bit of pain and discomfort but it's to be expected .

But I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.
Glad to hear she is doing well. In Nov. of 06 my gall bladder packed up and I had to have 1 procedure and 1 surgery to remove it. Never looked back. I know what the pain is like with gall stones. I should never have to experience that again. She should rest easy knowing the worst is in the past.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats! my dad just had it done at age 68 and is fine. He said he felt like he was in a football game. Week later he was all good again.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Glad to hear she's doing ok!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks everyone I'm just glad that Apple's insurance coverage is top notch. Even though we're not married yet, I was still able to add her as my domestic partner. And at most it's going to cost $600 out of my pocket for the whole thing. In contrast when I was with volt on contract with the same insurance company it would've been $1600 out of pocket.

She's doin better, the pain from the left over gas inside has subsided and she's just resting . I'm just glad she didn't have to have it done like my mom did years and years go. She had to have the open surgery instead of laparoscopic.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Teching In

I had it done 10 years ago and I would have gladly had them amputate from the neck down to get rid of that pain!! It makes you sore for awhile, but you bounce back fast.