Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Trivia.. Korak the killer

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trivia.. Korak the killer

Who is Korak the Killer? Dont cheat. I didnt get it either. I knew him as Boy.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't you mean Kodiak Killer??? In the Bay Area..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

Nope... hint .. they changed his name in the movies and said he was adopted due to ethics of the 40's/50's
Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Jack first appeared in the original Tarzan novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs. He was introduced as an infant in the non-Tarzan novel The Eternal Lover (later retitled The Eternal Savage), in which the Ape Man and his family played supporting roles. His next appearance (still as an infant) was in The Beasts of Tarzan, the third Tarzan novel, in which he was kidnapped and taken to Africa. The story of his youth and growth to manhood was told in the fourth novel, The Son of Tarzan, in which he returned to Africa and lived in the jungle, taking for the first time the name Korak ("Killer" in the language of the Great Apes). Most references to him were as "Korak the Killer."

Half of the book relates to Meriem, the Arab girl he rescues from a beating. The two of then run wild in the forest for years before being separated. After many adventures they are re-united and eventually marry. The story of the boy's sadness at losing her and her emerging character is conveyed very vividly. (See separate article, Meriem, wife of Korak.)

Korak was later used as a supporting character in the eighth through the tenth entries in the series, Tarzan the Terrible, Tarzan and the Golden Lion, and Tarzan and the Ant Men. He also appeared in the 1920 movie serial The Son of Tarzan, comic books, and the Tarzan comic strip, in which he was a major character for many years.

In the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan films, Korak was replaced by an adopted son called Boy (played by Johnny Sheffield). Tarzan and Jane never married in these films (they do in the books), and the substitution was made to avoid censorship. In the Dell comic books of the fifties, which combine material from the books and the films, Tarzan's son was also called Boy. When the Tarzan comics returned to a more faithful portrayal of Burroughs' characters in the early 1960s, Boy disappeared and Tarzan's son was called Korak, who went on to be featured in his own comic book.

There is that better for you.... lol
Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

Oh man you wik'ed

LOL , a coach in my league has it for his email address so I asked what it was. He replied in literature yada yada but on the Little League Field Korak the killer is myself. I said you mean Boy?? He said nothing more..LMAO! I thought it was very funny.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Well the only reason I wik'd it, is I looked up Kodiak Killer, to be positive on who I was refering too, and this came up as well, So I looked at it.. ha ha

Quick Reply: Trivia.. Korak the killer