Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Tire Rack Street Survival School

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rack Street Survival School

The BMWCCA and the Tire Rack have teamed up together to create the Street Survival School. I've always been a big proponent of additional driver training for all, especially our younger motorist. This school is a great opportunity for teens to get some of that additional training. The following is directly from their website:

The primary emphasis of the Tire Rack Street Survival® is a "hands-on" driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about its handling limits and how you can control them.

The students will become more observant of the traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As the students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.

Not only do I support this class, but I am also a volunteer instructor.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

They need to make that class mandatory for these no driving idiots in this state!! Looks like a good class and reasonable price as well. Hope all goes well.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i know its over a year old but

i think this is a great idea, this should be mandatory with every driver's ed course.

i plan on doing it, hopefully they have one in edison again soon, if not i'll go to the one in ny at the end of the month.

i think it will be a great experience and help me get acquainted with my new camaro. though hopefully i'll be able to get new rear tires at the very least.