Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

NHRA Unleashed Drag Race & Car Show @ Gainesville Raceway, FL November 5-6th 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up NHRA Unleashed Drag Race & Car Show @ Gainesville Raceway, FL November 5-6th 2010

Anyone hitting this up?

Should be a bad *** event, with 4 heads-up performance classes, including Pro Mod, 10.5" Outlaw, EZ Street (a drag radial type class), as well as index-based 1/4-mile classes including 8.50, 9.00, 9.50, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00 and 13.00. Each index class pays at least a grand to the winner, plus the valuable NHRA Wally trophy!

There is also a car show with over 60 trophies up for grabs at this event.

For more information, check out: http://nhraunleashed.com/ or www.gainesvilleraceway.com/

Racer tickets go on sale this Saturday August 28th online at www.nhra.com and there is a limited # of race entries for each class (once they are sold out, that's it, and it is pre-registration for all racing stuff).

I'll be there with a big group of Gainesville regulars racing my Nova in the 11.00 class, hope to see you there!

Derek
Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 PM
7 Second Club

After a computer trouble delay (tickets went on sale around 10:45 a.m. this morning instead of 10 a.m.), you can buy your tickets here: www.gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=42728&zoneid=65
Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 AM
7 Second Club

Just an FYI on updated rules and notes:
www.gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=42695&zoneid=65

Gainesville Raceway Executive General Mgr Don Robertson and I have spoken about a few things that might fall into the "gray area" on Unleashed rules:

#1 Delay boxes: Even though the Unleashed rules state "no delay boxes" Gainesville allows them to remain in our No-Box series, and if you have a delay box in your car it must be zero'd out and is subject to check AT ANY TIME (INCLUDING BETWEEN THE BURNOUT BOX AND THE STARTING LINE). With that said, Don told me the same rule will be used for the Unleashed event, but be advised if you leave your box in the car you will be subject to search, again at any time.

#2 Nitrous: Nitrous is allowed on a full throttle switch (off/on only with no timers or progressive controller) or a button on the shifter, steering wheel, etc. Again, NO TIMERS ARE ALLOWED, PERIOD!

#3 Thottle stops: Throttle stops are not allowed in regards to a device that can be altered in any way during a run (electric, hydraulic or pneumatic devices are not allowed). BUT, if you remove all said wiring, lines, plungers, etc and the stop is now a fixed stop that can't change during a run, it will be allowed (as it would be similar to a permanent stop (example: bolt stop that can be adjusted between runs but once the hood is closed can't be adjusted by the driver from the interior in any way).

If you have questions and/or concerns, call the track at 352-377-0046. Don said they are more than willing to help, and it's always better to get a clear answer to a confusing question rather than waiting until race day to ask....

You can also ask me here or via PM and I'll get an answer for you....

Derek

Quick Reply: NHRA Unleashed Drag Race & Car Show @ Gainesville Raceway, FL November 5-6th 2010