Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

good news following bad luck of tx2k11

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good news following bad luck of tx2k11

we posted a thread on the supraforums.com about there dyno event and how some of the cars did not get strap down very well and was done my newbie's. So this is being done to fix that and some other issues. Its just to bad a TA had to be totaled because his pan hard bar got bent due to improper strapping on the dyno.

but at least the message got though and something was done.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-but-I-ve-seen....

posted by peter from http://www.6speedonline.com

1. I have heard some comments that the cars were not being strapped in a safe manner on Friday at the dyno. Let me go on record by saying that not once did I feel like we were compromising safety on the dyno. Not once did anyone tell me that they felt like we needed to do things differently/better/safer. I have picked up an "Official TX2K12 Strapper" who will be in charge of strapping 60+ cars in 2012 at the event that feels like he can do it better/quicker/safer than we did it this year.

2. I need to go on record and say that the unofficial events (parking lot, streets, etc...) are just that....unofficial and NOT part of the TX2K event. I cannot and will not be responsible for anything that happens at an unofficial event. Heck, i'm not even responsible for someone acting foolish at an official event!!!!!

3. Sunday schedule was my fault...I pushed back the event 3 hours and delayed the eliminations. I take 100% blame for that as it was a judgement call. Had we kept the schedule as is, we would have had 17 cars in the classes racing as opposed to 78 cars. I apologize for delaying those of you who stayed to the end but I felt it was a decision I had to make.

4. Omni hotel........let's just say that this is going to be an ongoing issue for me that will continue long after you all forget about TX2K11 and start thinking about TX2K12. From the draining of the pool (b/c of broken glass and other things) to the parking lot tire marks, let's just say they are not happy. There will be changes next year that will include parking lot access to hotel guests only, HPD officers on site, and a few other changes that will help keep the drama down. This is all assuming they take us back.

5. I have seen the police report from HPD and those that were arrested on Sat night and those that were documented as causing trouble were NOT hotel guests. The Omni knows this and I wanted to pass it on to all of you as well.Let me leave this post by saying that I appreciate that each of your takes time from family and spends money to come to our event. I hope you all come back for TX2K12. I will continue to put my heart and soul into this event for as long as I can and hope you support me by coming and participating in the events. Thanks to you all and see you next year...

Peter

Last edited by rudyzturbota; 03-22-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People doing burnouts in the parking lot was plain old stupid. I hope people that actually did them know they may have screwed up the event next year for everyone else.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, hope you guys have it better next year! It sounds like a real nice event/meet, and I'd like to eventually come if (when) I ever get another Fbody built.

Quick Reply: good news following bad luck of tx2k11