Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

passenger rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger rear quarter panel

I drive a 98' Trans Am. And I have a very aggravating problem on my hands, a few months back I was rear ended by a mustang. -_-...

After 2 body shop visits I still have gaps between my passenger rear quarter panel, the passenger tail light, the rear bumper, and the hatch. each shop said it was the best they could do, the 2nd told me they pulled the frame because it was off, and it looks only slightly better, but also the driver side tail light doesn't look right either, the bottom of it is sticking out over the rear bumper. -_-...

I believe it might be the passenger quarter panel being so bent out of shape. It's been bondoed and pulled, and it's not the original quarter panel. It was replace in a previous accident before the mustang, but back then everything looked absolutely perfect.

Any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thx ls-1 guys.

-Derek
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Teching In

any gaps shown here are still existent after it was all fixed up
Attached Thumbnails passenger rear quarter panel-accident1.jpg   passenger rear quarter panel-accident2.jpg   passenger rear quarter panel-accident3.jpg   passenger rear quarter panel-accident4.jpg   passenger rear quarter panel-accident5.jpg  

passenger rear quarter panel-accident6.jpg   passenger rear quarter panel-2649613303_0d368ae745_b.jpg  
Old 10-23-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

if those are the gaps till this day it needs more pulling and or the tail light pocket is bent
Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Sounds like the rear body pannel is all jacked up and needs to replaced.