Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Ebay SS spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay SS spoiler?

Has anyone had any experiences with them? There is a few sellers on there and prices vary. I'm scared of the "you get what you pay for" bug biting me possibly with either one of the deals. One of them is $220 shipped and the other is $325 shipped, both painted. Let me know what you guys know/think!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/957548-ss-spoiler-looks-great-not-oem.html

there's some stuff about the one from the spoiler company.

I have it too and the paint is pretty good... had one very small little bubble on it. The deck of the spoiler looks to be a little bit wavy. I do not have mine fitting up how I'd like it yet, but it's not terrible. I'm not unhappy with it at this point but I'd say overall the reviews in that thread are a little better than what I would rate it. I got mine painted from them since it was a fair deal for an extra 50 and it would at least be the same color as the car, even if it didn't match exactly - and it doesn't. I didn't expect it would match on the ol' 93 though.

As far as the fitment, I will probably have to add holes in the hatch deck for the center posts to try and pull them down, and really pull the whole spoiler down a hair. it really doesn't want to sit complately flush to the hatch on the sides even without the foam, and the foam under the center posts don't actually touch the hatch at the moment, probably still an 1/8" or so.. I didn't want the foam under there at all but without it there was a huge gap. They also rounded off the front corners too much where it meets the hatch. my car has been sitting so I havn't messed with trying to get it fitting better yet.

for 220 to your door painted... i'd say it's a fair deal. It does come with the correct brake light.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the thread, that is exactly what I was looking for. Glad to hear that the cheaper of the 2 companies has at the least, a decent product. Sounds so far like a great deal for $220 painted and shipped to my door.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got one for $60 + shipping (primered, not painted), i give it a 6/10. I was expecting to re-work it myself, but this is more than I thought. The edges of the spoiler stick out above the quarter panels slightly and the whole thing needs to be scooted up towards the front of the car to close body line gaps with the trunk and to make it more flush with the back of the quarter....I'll take pics tomorrow if I can remember.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

I have an oem ss spoiler for $300 needs paint and brake light but its factory, so fitment will be perfect.