Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

If I were to buy a Formula, and want to swap in a T/A bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default If I were to buy a Formula, and want to swap in a T/A bumper...

Whats a good site where I would be able to buy a 99-02 trans am front bumper? I checked the WS6 store and couldnt find anything. And the other sites ive seen just have aftermarket bodykits. Just a simple front bumper is all im looking for.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want a Trans Am you should hold off and buy a Trans Am. If you buy a Formula you are best off leaving it as a Formula just because they are more rare than a TA and no matter what, the car is and always will be a Formula not a Trans Am. If you look around enough I'm sure you can find the Trans Am you want.

Not to mention that if you wanted to clone the TA properly you'd need everything from the front bumper, to side skirts, rear bumper, technically the TA rear filler panel between the tail lights unless you just remove the Firebird logo & lettering, badges unless you went with the debadged look.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Ah, yeah I know id need the back bumper too, as well as spoiler, and the other parts you mentioned. Only problem is my limit is 9000-10000 and so far the only trans ams ive found near me are 30th anniversary ones goin for 15000 bucks.

See, im coming from the mustang world lol where i can do an ebay search and find 20 different bumpers for the car, it seems fbody parts are harder to come by.

My friends have told me that a formula is cheaper by a couple grand, same power, suspension, etc. I DO like the look of the trans am more tho... :\ So damn confusing lol
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Umm just dont be a ricer... buy a formula and rock it. If you really wanted a TA bumber find someone parting out a wrecked car.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GStam66
Ah, yeah I know id need the back bumper too, as well as spoiler, and the other parts you mentioned. Only problem is my limit is 9000-10000 and so far the only trans ams ive found near me are 30th anniversary ones goin for 15000 bucks.

See, im coming from the mustang world lol where i can do an ebay search and find 20 different bumpers for the car, it seems fbody parts are harder to come by.

My friends have told me that a formula is cheaper by a couple grand, same power, suspension, etc. I DO like the look of the trans am more tho... :\ So damn confusing lol

Just a FYI.... just in case you didn't know.... you have to swap out the entire hatch to get the T/A spolier.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Ive decided. Formula with ws6 hood. Like this one:
Old 11-21-2008, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did just what you wanted to do. I bought a junked 98 trans am from a buddy at a local yard for cheap and parted the **** out of it. I took off more parts on that car then i thought it had. I sold alot of them but still have a garage full of parts for my car if (when) i need them.

I replaced both bumpers, side skirts, hood (had the raised cowl hood), rear deck lid, but left the center filler panel in the rear that says firebird. Didnt take too long with a buddy's help!