Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Anything under our rockers?Drilling for Wings West install

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything under our rockers?Drilling for Wings West install

Im installing a wings west kit on my trans am. About midway down the rocker, there are three bolt holes that sit flush aganst the rocker panel, which provide support for the side skirt. My question is, is it safe to drill into the car at this location? I was kind if worried about fuel lines but i think im just being paranoid. I used the bolts on the sides, and double sided tape, and im thinking about molding them but these still seem necessary to hold the back bottom up to keep it from flopping outwards. I just need to know what, if anything, is hiding in the cavaty behind our rockers. Its a 1996 WS6 in case that matters. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:38 AM
11 Second Club

I painted and installed those for a frined of mine. We had no issues with just the screws on each end and the tape. However, if you want to drill you can, there is nothing inside the rockers.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys didnt use the under-side support? I wasnt planing on it but it flops forward without it. Hmm ill just drill away i guess.

Or i guess instead of screws i could use tape there too. well id rather drill if its ok.

Quick Reply: Anything under our rockers?Drilling for Wings West install