Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Color matching and blending blue green chameleon

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Color matching and blending blue green chameleon

I found some ******* scraped the driver side corner of my front bumper on my TA; no witnesses, no cameras, no note. There is a fair amount of scuffing and some spots got taken down to the fiberglass. The scuffs can probably be buffed out but it is going to need paint. It is the factory blue green chameleon color which has the color change effect to it, they called it mystic teal for the camaros. I was wondering if there is anyone out there has had experience with getting this color paint repaired with it being matched and blended and how the results were because I have this bad feeling that the color change characteristic makes it a pita and would more than likely end up looking like crap from most places.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Launching!

find a quality shop. ask around some high end places. That small of an area wont be too bad to fix/blend. And the bumper is plastic, not fiberglass, unless its aftermarket. Post pics
Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Default asdfasdf

Yeah, I wouldn't worry.

I have the same paint job. When my dad backed into me it dented and scraped down the butt of the car. (My dad's a retard and doesn't stop the car when he's figured out he's hit something.)

Anyway, I took it to a shop in Houston and he was able to exactly match everything - you can't even tell there was any damage and he repainted the rear fender because it was losing its finish.

As a matter of fact, he even gave me what was left over so I could touch up some small scratches on other parts of the body:

On the can:
Deltron 2000
DBC
Basecoat

On the label:
Mystic Teal Metallic
DBC5193 T
OEM: WA320C

(I don't know if the OEM number was about the paint or the store.)

Quick Reply: Color matching and blending blue green chameleon