First Time Painting-Quantity Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:05 PM
MEB
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Painting-Quantity Question

OK, was not sure if I should post this here or in appearances:

I am replaceing my side molding on my White 2002 WS6 Tams Am. I am replacing the white molding with Black.

The fender and quarter panel pieces come painted no problem. The side door pieces all come UNPAINTED.

I have ordered all the repelacement molding; and, I have all my codes and just want to check with someone who has experience, regarding the quantity of spray paint needed for a small job like this.

I only have to paint the side door pieces. Found this article up here on painting plastic: https://ls1tech.com/forums/5046361-post9.html

So this man indicates 3-4 coats of primer, then 3-4 coats of paint, then finally, 4-5 coats of clear coat.

This is what I am planning on ordering and am just checking to see if this is enough; since have not worked with spray paint in a long long time.

You cannot purchase spray paint in the Chicago city limits and do not want to be stuck with stuff will never use. Do not want to be short on what I need. I see this will take 3-4 days to do so want to make sure I have what I need.

1. Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter Clear Primer 1-11 oz can.

2. Dupli-Color Black/Black 2002 Code 41U/8555 2-5 oz cans.

3. Dupli-Color Clear Coat 1-11 oz can.

If anyone can comment on how much is required I would appreciate it.

I know many will disagee with my idea...have already heard all the criticism...so just want to know the quantity please.

THANKS
Old 05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
MEB
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got MyAnswer-Thanks Anyway

Got the answer I need. Know exactly what to get and how much...THANKS ANYWAY!!!!