Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Ceta in Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceta in Blue?

I have an Artic white TA, what do you guys think of a NBM ceta mod on a white TA? I already have NBM overlays on the door emblems, NBM fender vents and NBM calipers and front license plate bird. or should I stick with the traditional black? Does anyone have a photo program that you could mod a picture to see what it would look like?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't have a photo program but that sounds like NBM would flow with the rest of the car better than black
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

i think it would look good since NBM is a dark color and it will definitely flow well with the car. Go for it!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Defiantly do the NBM. it will flow perfectly since you've done overlays n calipers. nbm is still very dark so i know itl look good. be very unique to n that makes it even prettier
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

NO. That will look horrible. The purpose of painting that part of the bumper black id to make it look like it isnt there, not to accent the color. If you paint it, paint it flat black and nothing else. Just my .02 I think color matching the CETA bumper is one of the tackiest ricey-ist things you can do.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evilZO6
NO. That will look horrible. The purpose of painting that part of the bumper black id to make it look like it isnt there, not to accent the color. If you paint it, paint it flat black and nothing else. Just my .02 I think color matching the CETA bumper is one of the tackiest ricey-ist things you can do.
1) just because you don't like the idea of something appearance wise, you CANNOT just fu%$*ng call it RICE. THAT **** IS IRRITATING. this is in no way, shape, or form, related to ricers.

2) since when was the point of doing the CETA mod to make it look like there isnt anything there, it seems to me like the mod came from people likeing the look of the black on the CETA's and painting their cars to have that same look. and since when in the hell did it make something "look like it isn't there" if you paint it black? i can see black, rims, cars, and black bumpers perfectly fine, its just a different color, not invisible

3) and there are plenty of great looking cars with this mod who have gone with either satin, semi, or gloss.

mook99ta- post some pics of your car just so we can get a better idea of how it may look, and so that if someone can photoshop, they can do it for you. but the main thing is, if YOU like it and feel it will look good, go for it.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
1) just because you don't like the idea of something appearance wise, you CANNOT just fu%$*ng call it RICE. THAT **** IS IRRITATING. this is in no way, shape, or form, related to ricers.

2) since when was the point of doing the CETA mod to make it look like there isnt anything there, it seems to me like the mod came from people likeing the look of the black on the CETA's and painting their cars to have that same look. and since when in the hell did it make something "look like it isn't there" if you paint it black? i can see black, rims, cars, and black bumpers perfectly fine, its just a different color, not invisible

3) and there are plenty of great looking cars with this mod who have gone with either satin, semi, or gloss.

mook99ta- post some pics of your car just so we can get a better idea of how it may look, and so that if someone can photoshop, they can do it for you. but the main thing is, if YOU like it and feel it will look good, go for it.
lol
Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are some pictures of how it looks now.

If anyone can photoshop it let me know!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think its tacky becuase its just a random *** blue part of your car. Sounds like something a ricer would do. Its just my .02, and in case you were wondering, he was asking for it. The whole point to this thread is to see what people think of it.... "what do you guys think of a NBM ceta mod on a white TA?"

So he asks what people think, and i say what i think, since he asked, and i get bashed for it? Its an opinion, what hes seeking through this thread. If everyone was supposed to have ONE answer, and ONE ANSWER ONLY, rather than

"what do you guys think of a NBM ceta mod on a white TA?"

I think it would say "Hey, i'm doing a blue CETA, now everyone post the following; Yes. That is great.Everyone thinks alike. OPINIONS ARE THE DEVIL"

And next time somebody asks for my opinion, i'll still feel free to give it.

And to the OP-your car really does look great, i love White on blue. I just don't think the CETA is going to do anything for your car. You know what would be cool? Having your rims anodized blue, that would be unique!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't stand anodized wheels but thanks for the opinion
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

looking at the car, i don't want to say that i don't think it will look good in blue, but i'm not sure about it. but, i do think that black would look great, even with the other blue accessories. i'd go with that. and i'd also recommend some other exhaust tips...corsa clones from afterthoughtsauto to be precise.

Oh and i must say, i love the paint job on your intake and lid. im jealous
Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

the reason i think the black looks so good is bacause it fits so well with all of the black within the tail lights and the center panel. it all flows really well when the ceta mod is done in black. i think that black and the blue on the bumper would contrast too much.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
looking at the car, i don't want to say that i don't think it will look good in blue, but i'm not sure about it. but, i do think that black would look great, even with the other blue accessories. i'd go with that. and i'd also recommend some other exhaust tips...corsa clones from afterthoughtsauto to be precise.

Oh and i must say, i love the paint job on your intake and lid. im jealous
Don't you like the slash cut SLP tips?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know black was the accent color of the CETA (black stripes, black bow, black wheels...ect)...it wasnt to make it look like there wasnt anything there.

But as far a blue CETA goes...well I have seen a color matched blue CETA on a 30th Aniv car and it was AWSOME!!! It looked great. On the other hand there are some pics floating around of a silver LT1 TA with a baby blue stripe and CETA that has GOT TO BE one of the ugliest and gayest things I have ever seen done to ANY car...much less a TA. So take it for what its worth. PERSONALY I wouldnt do it but thats just me.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do the NBM, it'll look badass and different!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

i think it will look pretty bad ***
Old 10-26-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mook99ta
Don't you like the slash cut SLP tips?
to me, neither of the tips that come with the LM (dual/dual or slash cuts) look great with the T/A, they dont fill the gap nicely. when i ordered my Loudmouth i ordered a set of corsa clones at the same time and had them put on instead, and they look great with the back:
Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Here you go OP. I think the 4th one down doesn't look too bad. I kinda rushed them and am not sure what shade you want, but to give you ideas:

Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Launching!

The fourth one does look kinda nice!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

i know its not a t/a but same idea i did mine in the same silver as the top of the car. imo if u use the same blue thats in your lettering it should look pretty sharp
Attached Thumbnails Ceta in Blue?-dscn0167.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ceta in Blue?