Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Grille Painting and Taillight second opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Grille Painting and Taillight second opinions

I have a 1998 base firebird which has already had the T/A bumper placed on it, and I plan on adding the rocker panels and front bumper to match. Ram-Air Hood on the way now. Dropping in either an LS2 or possibly springing for an LSX. I plan to paint it black and add black rims.
I am thinking of painting the grilles in the Ram Air and behind the front wheels fire-engine red, as well as placing a pinstripe of the same color and overlaying all of the labels in the same color. Opinions on this?

Also, and this one will be hard to explain, I would like to totally redo the taillights. Or at least the design. Wipe clean the honeycomb (if this is possible?) and using a design similar to that painted on the sides of the 1999 daytona edition, using that as the shape of the illuminated section. I'd like to have picture but I don't think anyone has ever done that.

I can be more specific if needed, but I can't think of much more to add. Thanks for the input .
Old 07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really care for the red grilles or pinstripes. I think chrome goes with black a lot better. I don't think you'll be able to customize honeycomb taillight lense. You'll probably have to heat form some plexiglass or cast some custom lenses in acrylic.