Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting Graphics In Stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting Graphics In Stripes?

Eventually if I ever get the money to get paint for the cowl hood on my Camaro, I'm going to paint the cowl edges black, like so:

But I'd also like to include some text like in the picture above, something along the lines of "357" or "357 ci".

The car is green-grey metallic, so I'd shoot the green, mask off the cowl edges and also the numbers and shoot the black, which is where my trouble comes in. I've done stripes a couple of times before on other cars, even taped up flames. But I am not sure on what to use to do this. Obviously I cannot draw it out and then mimmick it with fine line, which would be very difficult anyhow as small as the numbers would be. Is there some kind of product to use where I can find a suitable stencil or decal to work off of that won't bleed? I've used "stick mickey's" sheeting over already laid down fine line stripes, but I don't think I can do it with fine line. What other options are there?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to a sign shop and have them cut it out of white vinyl (I or whatever color is the cheapest). Then apply the vinyl sticker where you want it, spray over it, and carefully peel it off. Clear & wetsand over top of that to make it feel "seamless".
Old 06-22-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, thanks.

Quick Reply: Painting Graphics In Stripes?