Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Quote for body work

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Quote for body work

Some of you may be aware of the less-that-perfect exterior of my car (and interior for that matter but that's another subject). Well I dropped by the body shop to get an estimate, just to see what it would take to make the car looking better again. In the process I found my car has apparently been in at least two accidents before I got it, the one with the deer and something prior to that in the front as the bumper cover isn't original and the hood had been resprayed.
  • Replace front bumper cover (cracked)
  • Replace passenger mirror (broken)
  • Straighten front end (was very slightly tweaked in a previous accident before I owned it)
  • Repair rust on the rockers
  • Repair passenger quarter panel (scratched and dented/creased from some lowlife at school last year )
  • Repair hood (wavy dent in the middle of it from deer head)
  • Paint mirror, hood, front bumper cover, rockers, passenger quarter, driver fender (from ebay so the color doesn't match quite right), blend passenger fender, and touch up some scratches here and there on the car.

I was quoted about $1600 for the job.

So what do you guys think? I can't do it now, can't afford it since I don't have a steady job yet, but at least I know about how much I'm looking at fixing all this stuff if I decide to do it. I'd also be putting a black billet grill on the car instead of the ugly stock one, and lose the front plate (unless I get pulled over for it).

The car is a bone stock v6 btw.