Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

The area around my door lock cyclinder is damaged

Old 08-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The area around my door lock cyclinder is damaged

I'm afraid I don't have a picture as my fiance has the digital camera cord with her in Savannah at the moment, but my car was broken into and the driver's side door lock was drilled out and punched through to the inside of the door.

The fiberglass is damaged around this and has to be fixed before I can install a new lock cylinder. I know I really need a picture to show the damage, but is there any putty like material that mimics fiberglass that I can form and then sand down and shape to replace the damaged fiberglass so I can paint it and install the lock cylinder? The damage is located where the fiberglass runs perpendicular to the door as it goes inward and behind the door lock.

Thanks for any help and
Old 08-02-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would definitely have a body shop take care of it. fiberglass work is best left to professionals.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 67goatman455
I would definitely have a body shop take care of it. fiberglass work is best left to professionals.
I was afraid of that and I have zero body work experience.

Do you have any idea what that should cost to fix?

Also, I have paint peeling off of my back bumper where I backed into a pole. How much money could I save by sanding that down myself before taking it to them?

Thanks a ton for the help!

Search this Thread